FHM 9

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
But are there any players in? Or how it works?
No, every time you expand the league there is an expansion draft.

Any time an expansion is done, protection lists have to be submitted. While Historical Mode contains them by default, we added this year a long-requested set-your-own Expansion Draft tool for you to choose and mess around with the options. I don't want to break any forums rules here by linking the video I did, but a quick YouTube search of FHM Expansion should bring it up rather quickly if you want an idea.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So, after few months simulating, it looks good. Game is fast, stable.

Few points:

1. Why cant i overwrite my saved game? From security reason i wanted to roll 3 saved files, but i cant do it. It said me: Game Name already exists.

2. News Subscriptions could be more editable. Mostly game performance and career achievements. To exactly say, at what level (point, goals...) i want to see this news.

3. Why cant i see World Champions Junior rosters? The WCH U20 seems to be simulated, but the roster are empty.

And also this is weird: Best role model aka Henrik Zetterberg.

upload_2020-8-4_9-19-9.png

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Another issues:

This login doesnt seem to work. Im registered in forums.ootpdevelopments.com. But when i want to login in the game, it doesnt work. No message, nothing.

upload_2020-8-4_20-48-3.png

When i loaded my last saved game, Inbox News are empty. Maybe it has something to do, that it were messages from 30. june, and im no already in 1. july. But still...

upload_2020-8-4_20-54-51.png

After my 19/20 season, many players retired, that arent so old. Thanks to misses messages i can remember only Halak, but i think there was also some 32 years old guy.

Btw. This saved game is in my backup folder. Free to analyse.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Can I use this game to basically replace SimonT sim? 31 GMs and one Commissioner with lines files that can be uploaded etc?

Not familiar with SimonT, but yes. That's essentially how our online mode works. Trades and drafting needs to be done outside the game and the Commissioner edits it in.

Another issues:

This login doesnt seem to work. Im registered in forums.ootpdevelopments.com. But when i want to login in the game, it doesnt work. No message, nothing.

View attachment 357722

When i loaded my last saved game, Inbox News are empty. Maybe it has something to do, that it were messages from 30. june, and im no already in 1. july. But still...

View attachment 357723

After my 19/20 season, many players retired, that arent so old. Thanks to misses messages i can remember only Halak, but i think there was also some 32 years old guy.

Btw. This saved game is in my backup folder. Free to analyse.

It's an issue we're familar with, but the exact cause of it we're still not sure. It's inconsistent at best. But if you do seem to save on July 1st, and reload the game, it does seem to increase the chance.

Players will retire though, not everyone plays until 40 anymore. While you may not always be happy to see someone go, we are more than on-par with the pace of players who retire in the NHL in a season - the only difference being is all the players retire on July 1st, rather than spread throughout the year.

It's tough when you start seeing names you're really familiar with all retiring at the same time, but alas, that is the case. As hockey becomes a younger and younger sport, more guys, especially in their early to mid 30s are going to find themselves on the outside looking in on jobs.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Any news upcoming ? :) I am really enjoying FHM 6 :)

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: It may still be a little bit. We've typically released the new FHM in time with the NHL season, and so we decided we will likely be doing something similar with the next version. It's given us more time to do some more long-requested things...so you'll just have to stay tuned. ;)

Captain34

Sep 18, 2019

Long Answer: It may still be a little bit. We've typically released the new FHM in time with the NHL season, and so we decided we will likely be doing something similar with the next version. It's given us more time to do some more long-requested things...so you'll just have to stay tuned. ;)

I bought every version of the game and have personally witnessed how far the game progressed. Can't wait for the next release!

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

Can't wait. FHM 6 was tremendous and the most refined yet, provided very realistic stats. Looks like we'll have to wait until December at the earliest if launch is to be aligned with the NHL season.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I started a new standard game (beginning of 2019-20 onward).

After the 2022-23 season, Nathan MacKinnon went to free agency and signed with... SKA St. Petersburg, for one year at $3.43 million.

MacKinnon apparently liked St. Petersburg so much he resigned with them for another three years at $3.78 million per.

I suppose its not impossible that a MacKinnon or Matthews (I saw him "preferring" SKA too but he signed with Washington) might consider going to Russia, even for a paycut, but that seems pretty implausible. MacKinnon signed on 4 July, so he wasn't waiting for a contract that might never come.

I wonder if it'd be possible to put in some kind of check that prevents top-tier North American free agents from signing overseas, until the NHL season has begun and they remain unsigned. I realize I could force-release him, but I decided not to.

In case anyone was interested, MacKinnon had 37 goals and 50 assists in 62 games (SKA had 97 points to lead the KHL by 9 points), followed by 5-9 in 12 postseason games (getting knocked out in the third round by Lokomotiv Yaroslavl), and winning a boatload of awards.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I started a new standard game (beginning of 2019-20 onward).

After the 2022-23 season, Nathan MacKinnon went to free agency and signed with... SKA St. Petersburg, for one year at $3.43 million.

MacKinnon apparently liked St. Petersburg so much he resigned with them for another three years at $3.78 million per.

I suppose its not impossible that a MacKinnon or Matthews (I saw him "preferring" SKA too but he signed with Washington) might consider going to Russia, even for a paycut, but that seems pretty implausible. MacKinnon signed on 4 July, so he wasn't waiting for a contract that might never come.

I wonder if it'd be possible to put in some kind of check that prevents top-tier North American free agents from signing overseas, until the NHL season has begun and they remain unsigned. I realize I could force-release him, but I decided not to.

In case anyone was interested, MacKinnon had 37 goals and 50 assists in 62 games (SKA had 97 points to lead the KHL by 9 points), followed by 5-9 in 12 postseason games (getting knocked out in the third round by Lokomotiv Yaroslavl), and winning a boatload of awards.

Hmm, now that's odd. I really never experienced something like that. However there is common thing if RFA's doesn't sign contract for longer period of time that he signs somewhere in Europe (even in lesser leagues). Think something similiar happened in Wild save at OOTP twitch where Lafreniere didn't want to sign with Wild and ended up in LNAH.

Cas

Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

It happened again - same game, and after 2025 UFA Leon Draisaitl (a 5.0/5.0 player) signed with CSKA Moscow on 4 July, for one year at $4 million. He was demanding $12.65 million over six years with an NMC (too rich for my blood).

This time, I saved the game and edited Draisaitl to make him a free agent again. This time he signed with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl on 19 July for $3.39 million for one year. I'm leaving him there since it appears he's determined to go to Russia for some reason.

I wonder if it has something to do with NHL teams not having sufficient cap space to sign expensive free agents? Mitch Marner is still a UFA and was demanding the same salary as Draisaitl. Meanwhile, only one team has a payroll under $70 million and only a handful of teams have as much as $5-6 million in cap space ($81.5 million cap).

That's probably the logic - these top-tier free agents aren't willing to sign in the NHL for much less than they are demanding, but few teams have the cap space to sign them. In previous games I've manually increased the cap every season, so teams have had more cap space and avoided this scenario. Seems to me the solution would be to force the AI to buy out more contracts, or allow the player to force other teams to buy out contracts using commissioner mode (I don't know if you can do that) to help clean things up.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It happened again - same game, and after 2025 UFA Leon Draisaitl (a 5.0/5.0 player) signed with CSKA Moscow on 4 July, for one year at $4 million. He was demanding $12.65 million over six years with an NMC (too rich for my blood).

This time, I saved the game and edited Draisaitl to make him a free agent again. This time he signed with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl on 19 July for $3.39 million for one year. I'm leaving him there since it appears he's determined to go to Russia for some reason.

I wonder if it has something to do with NHL teams not having sufficient cap space to sign expensive free agents? Mitch Marner is still a UFA and was demanding the same salary as Draisaitl. Meanwhile, only one team has a payroll under $70 million and only a handful of teams have as much as $5-6 million in cap space ($81.5 million cap).

That's probably the logic - these top-tier free agents aren't willing to sign in the NHL for much less than they are demanding, but few teams have the cap space to sign them. In previous games I've manually increased the cap every season, so teams have had more cap space and avoided this scenario. Seems to me the solution would be to force the AI to buy out more contracts, or allow the player to force other teams to buy out contracts using commissioner mode (I don't know if you can do that) to help clean things up.

I think you’re right it’s to do with cap space. It’s generally Draisaitl and Rantanen that defect in my games.

One option is to increase the cap a bit, the other is to expand to 34 teams. I generally add Seattle the year they’re meant to be coming in then around 2030 add two more teams. There never seem to be any issues with 34 teams and an $82M cap.

Cas

Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I think you’re right it’s to do with cap space. It’s generally Draisaitl and Rantanen that defect in my games.

One option is to increase the cap a bit, the other is to expand to 34 teams. I generally add Seattle the year they’re meant to be coming in then around 2030 add two more teams. There never seem to be any issues with 34 teams and an $82M cap.

I had been raising the cap in two previous games on an annual basis, as well as the floor, and I never did see the same problem, but I had the additional problem that my cap hits would decrease by 10% once every two-three years. Now, having a 4.0 star Karlsson for $6 m is great, but it's off.

I also added Seattle, but two more teams might work too.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
is there a way to get Seattle logo and jerseys in the game if we do expansion draft
Logos are in the latest update. No idea how to get jerseys in though.
The jerseys are in there too.

I had been raising the cap in two previous games on an annual basis, as well as the floor, and I never did see the same problem, but I had the additional problem that my cap hits would decrease by 10% once every two-three years. Now, having a 4.0 star Karlsson for $6 m is great, but it's off.

I also added Seattle, but two more teams might work too.

This is something we've heard of more recently, I think we've found the issue, but I'll have to check.

Reactions: Paul4587

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Anyone get historical players who greatly underperform their real life counterparts? For example: in three games I’ve done, Gordie Howe got no more than 60 points per season (with no games missed) for his first ten years (at which point I traded him for some first rounders), while Max Bentley constantly puts up 100 point seasons in all my simulations. The same is true for Bobby Hull: I cant get him to score more than 70 points per season even while playing him with Mikita, Ratelle or other excellent talents.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Anyone get historical players who greatly underperform their real life counterparts? For example: in three games I’ve done, Gordie Howe got no more than 60 points per season (with no games missed) for his first ten years (at which point I traded him for some first rounders), while Max Bentley constantly puts up 100 point seasons in all my simulations. The same is true for Bobby Hull: I cant get him to score more than 70 points per season even while playing him with Mikita, Ratelle or other excellent talents.

Are You using FHM development or "recalculate ratings after each season" ? In first case, players could be better or worse then their RL counterparts. In second case, players get rating(s) based on their RL performances. When I used FHM development, Gretzky scored over 3000 points, and Sakic was over 2500.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad