FHM 9

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
@KnightAttack

I want to run a sim league, where theres 1 comissioner (with FHM) and 30 GMs (without the game)

We tell them there roster, and they can make trades, call-ups, signings etc. The comissioner inputs them all into the game, and posts boxscores, upload league stats to a website, etc.

Can you turn off settings of the game to make it bare bone basic as possible? Like no salary cap for example.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
@KnightAttack

I want to run a sim league, where theres 1 comissioner (with FHM) and 30 GMs (without the game)

We tell them there roster, and they can make trades, call-ups, signings etc. The comissioner inputs them all into the game, and posts boxscores, upload league stats to a website, etc.

Can you turn off settings of the game to make it bare bone basic as possible? Like no salary cap for example.

Yes. (Although of course, everyone having a copy is the preferred method :D)

Some people should show their top players from the future. Generated by the game. And from that they should make an All-Star team.

Ah. That would be extremely difficult to replicate just in the fact of finding all the stats, unique players, and even then it would be an incredible amount of work due to all the public and hidden stats you'd have to enter. I'm not entirely sure its feasible. Fun to think of though.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Yes. (Although of course, everyone having a copy is the preferred method :D)

Ah. That would be extremely difficult to replicate just in the fact of finding all the stats, unique players, and even then it would be an incredible amount of work due to all the public and hidden stats you'd have to enter. I'm not entirely sure its feasible. Fun to think of though.

Or. Some option in the game. You can define the All-Star team from your game. With statistics, trophies... Export it. And put it somewhere to be presented to public. Some website for this purpose.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Does 6 keep track of the post season all star teams in the awards tab?

As someone who just likes to the play the what if game and screw around with alternate pasts that would be a little feature that would go a long way

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd like to know how this compares to EHM.

I love EHM, the community workshop made that game live way longer than it should've, but IMO previous the earlier versions of FHM didn't compare to it.

Can anyone gave the lowdown what the major differences are between FHM6 and EHM? Pros/Cons?

Reactions: LatvianTwist

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Does 6 keep track of the post season all star teams in the awards tab?

As someone who just likes to the play the what if game and screw around with alternate pasts that would be a little feature that would go a long way

No. Post-Season AllStars are only kept on Player Pages I believe. But I will double check to be sure.

I'd like to know how this compares to EHM.

I love EHM, the community workshop made that game live way longer than it should've, but IMO previous the earlier versions of FHM didn't compare to it.

Can anyone gave the lowdown what the major differences are between FHM6 and EHM? Pros/Cons?

Every year we make significant strides in improving the game. It's really hard (and I won't) critique the two games - or find someone who will/can. EHM has its adamant defenders, as does FHM. Our community is greatly involved as well, but in a different way.

The only way for you to determine what you want is for you to make that determination yourself. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me however.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
No. Post-Season AllStars are only kept on Player Pages I believe. But I will double check to be sure.

Every year we make significant strides in improving the game. It's really hard (and I won't) critique the two games - or find someone who will/can. EHM has its adamant defenders, as does FHM. Our community is greatly involved as well, but in a different way.

The only way for you to determine what you want is for you to make that determination yourself. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me however.

Eh, opinions exist. I'm obviously not looking to give me a yes/no answer - simply looking for unbias reviews.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Eh, opinions exist. I'm obviously not looking to give me a yes/no answer - simply looking for unbias reviews.

I was a massive EHM fan and played it until a couple of years ago. I think FHM5 was when FHM clearly surpassed EHM in terms of being the better game and that’s when I completely stopped playing EHM.

In terms of comparisons; EHM is more easily customisable, has better preseason and has a slightly more in depth scouting system and draft. FHM blows EHM out of the water in terms of realistic simulation, player development, player ageing, free agency/contracts, tactics and trade AI (although like all sports games the trade AI will always need work). So I guess it’s what you’re looking for but I think FHM is ahead in far more areas at this point.

Due to it being more realistic in many senses it’s also not as easy to create 20 year dynasty’s built around players who seemingly don’t age until their late 30s with ease like in EHM although it is still possible if you want to work the system to have pretty good teams year after year. If you are that way inclined you can also edit anything in commissioner mode to make it as easy to game the system though ha.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Pre-season, a much easier interface, and trade blocks are far better on EHM, which also has a 2D match engine and a hardcore online community.

Everything else is better on FHM, I would say. FHM also have advantage of making improvements far quicker as EHM is essentially a one-man band.

The two games are quite different but not a lot between them, although I expect FHM to surpass EHM sooner rather than later. Also, FHM is not trying to be EHM, FHM bases itself on being a hockey model of the very popular OOTP baseball management sim.

I think this is quite a fair and honest assessment.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
6801967B-502C-46C9-A6CF-EB4C0512AF15.jpeg

Nearing the end of November and the first two months of the 2048-2049 NHL season, the Art Ross race has been a fairly close one. The two that have been leading the pack for most of it so far however, are St. Louis Blues center Milan Morvay & Arizona Coyotes defenseman William Mörk.

23 year old Milan Morvay is playing in his 6th NHL season and turns 24 years old on July 1st, the same day he could potentially become perhaps the hottest UFA on the market. Morvay has seen a yearly increase in his point total and looks to break last year’s career high of 104. You’d have to think the Blues will do everything they can to lock him up long-term, and they’ll have to do better than the $9.6 million he is currently making. He’s worth it.

BE384C2F-B2A2-41B6-939A-72CF6A69CDE5.jpeg

E8347585-AE7A-4839-A599-CAF9FCF38AE4.jpeg

A lock for the HOF, Coyotes defenseman William Mörk will turn 31 in July and already has 2 Hart Trophies, 2 Conn Smythe’s, 4 Norris Trophies and 2 Ted Lindsay’s to his credit. He’d love to add an Art Ross to his trophy case. 6x a 1st-team all-star , Mörk is an unbelievably talented offensive defenseman who is also more than competent defensively as well. He has enjoyed his share of team victories, having won the Stanley Cup twice as well as a World Cup title with Sweden and World Championship gold.

E4D5853E-2689-4DD4-83E6-72522237A0B6.jpeg

F35DFF9F-C84F-49A6-9B06-750F85114AFE.jpeg

Reactions: pukovnik

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
It’s a bit odd that Morvay is becoming a UFA at 24 after only 6 NHL seasons. Typically you would need 7 years experience to become a UFA before age 27, but I’m thinking the AI sees that he would be age 24 for his 7th season by turning 24 on July 1st and that’s why he is listed as an upcoming UFA. I’ve never seen this before and I double checked a few other age 23 players from his draft class whose contracts are running out after their 6th season and they are listed as RFA. Odd.

Anyways, what’s going on in your game world? Share your pics!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
It’s a bit odd that Morvay is becoming a UFA at 24 after only 6 NHL seasons. Typically you would need 7 years experience to become a UFA before age 27, but I’m thinking the AI sees that he would be age 24 for his 7th season by turning 24 on July 1st and that’s why he is listed as an upcoming UFA. I’ve never seen this before and I double checked a few other age 23 players from his draft class whose contracts are running out after their 6th season and they are listed as RFA. Odd.

Anyways, what’s going on in your game world? Share your pics!

Hmm...have to admit I don't have that much time to play FHM 6. Few reasons for that is job, then playing Panzer Corps Grand Campaign(s), and the latest one is my PC went down so I am using small backup laptop just for email/YT purposes.
My biggest save in FHM 6 is/was historical mode with Montreal Canadiens, but only drafting players from Quebec. I started in 1917. and I am now in 1973. Won only 7 Cups in that span, which is no suprise. And yes, I turned off Iron curtain and I have Tretiak up and coming (I did that to compesate "loss" of historical anglo players that played for the Habs), so I hope more Cups will be won. No pics unfortunaetly as my PC is down.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
January 17th now, and Mörk's unreal season continues. He remains in the scoring lead after 49 games. Vancouver's Dylan Brunette is catching up, but hasn't been able to dethrone Mörk yet, who is having a career season.

He's also a +47 on the 34-10-5 1st place Coyotes. Can he lead them to their 2nd Stanley Cup in history and first since 2037?

The other top contenders are the Penguins (34-12-2) and the Habs (34-11-2) in the East. The 29-14-4 St. Louis Blues are 2nd in the West.

Stay tuned!

20200521210006_1.jpg
20200521210723_1.jpg
20200521210802_1.jpg
20200521210812_1.jpg

Last edited:

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
I'd really prefer if the first names were written out as well in all of those screens. There's enough space, obviously, and it's an immersion thing for me. Especially in leagues I don't follow, or 10 seasons in.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How exactly does this compare to EHM?

I played that a whole bunch for a while but I only have a Mac now. PlayOnMac seemingly stopped supporting Steam (or the store, at least - I can't get anything to work there) and so I can't play EHM anymore.

Saw this and I see that it's OS compatible. A bit pricey but if it's anything like EHM, I think I'll pick it up. Based on the screenshots it looks very similar.

EDIT: Read through the thread and got my answers.

Last edited:

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
I'd really prefer if the first names were written out as well in all of those screens. There's enough space, obviously, and it's an immersion thing for me. Especially in leagues I don't follow, or 10 seasons in.

You can view their whole names, you just click on the player's profile

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Very aware, that's not my point.

The thing you need to remember is although it may look like there's lots of space, when you have to start factoring in different resolutions, there's not as much. You also get further complications when you have hyphenated last names (or simply two last names like Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson or Aidan De La Gorgendiere) that take up significantly more space, or if first names were used you would have a players with 2 first and 2 last names that would end up cut off as well.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
The thing you need to remember is although it may look like there's lots of space, when you have to start factoring in different resolutions, there's not as much. You also get further complications when you have hyphenated last names (or simply two last names like Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson or Aidan De La Gorgendiere) that take up significantly more space, or if first names were used you would have a players with 2 first and 2 last names that would end up cut off as well.
I know. There's also lots of space inbetween the columns.
Having a few names cut off would be an improvement for me over that, either way :)

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
How exactly does this compare to EHM?

I played that a whole bunch for a while but I only have a Mac now. PlayOnMac seemingly stopped supporting Steam (or the store, at least - I can't get anything to work there) and so I can't play EHM anymore.

Saw this and I see that it's OS compatible. A bit pricey but if it's anything like EHM, I think I'll pick it up. Based on the screenshots it looks very similar.

EDIT: Read through the thread and got my answers.

FHM is decent and getting better each year. The stats and engine the game runs on is great. It will simulate everything well. If you are going to buy I would suggest playing with the NHL/AHL/ECHL/KHL type game and keep it as few as possible running.

My main issue with FHM compared to EHM is the world in the game doesn't feel very alive in FHM. I think this is because of the UI. Everything seems rather hidden and you don't seem to notice much going on (I find) and with EHM you are kept up to date and feel like you are part of the league you are coaching in.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
The biggest problem I have with FHM, and I've been playing for years, is the trade engine. I can shop a Zibanejad and get offers of fourth-line centers and 3-4th round picks. Shop a Kreider who is a 3 star and on pace for 30-35 goals at the deadline, you're getting 26-year-old AHLer offers 1 for 1 and deals like a third-rounder straight up for a 30 goal guy. Even if he's a rental, no reason for that. So, you either need a very good team already like TB or BOS or you need to strictly build through the draft. The deadline is a big time in hockey. It needs an overhaul. Long overdue.

bayken37

May 18, 2020
USA
bayksball.com
If there are any FHM 6 fans or fans of historical hockey, I've got a new league starting with the 1990-91 season with a few teams left.

80% of our GMs don't have the game as I've been able to unlock pretty much any useful element of the game on our website (setting lines, offering trades, setting a trade block, writing articles, drafting players, etc.).

Makes the league feel a little more alive outside of the FHM interface.

Hit me up on messages if you would be interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad