FHM 9

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Off hand I don't think it's changed, but I'll look into it and get a definitive answer. If it doesn't, it's a good suggestion anyway.

EDIT: Yeah, just confirmed it hasn't changed. To quote FHM Producer Jeff: "It's a little more complicated to do than the regular award histories because of the way they're stored. It's on the to-do list, but no ETA."

Something we may look at, but the game will literally stop you (unless you have Do Not Disturb on) and give you a Training Camp Development Report, as well as possible story lines (although the most common is someone showing up to camp out of shape).

We've added non-playable Minor Historical Leagues in...FHM5 I believe. 6 has them again. It will be some time before we get there, but it's something we're working towards. Currently Jeff is re-rating a lot of players that hadn't been redone yet, and then the plan is to get in and rate every player ever drafted (obviously a big project - currently it's only players in the NHL). Playable Minor Leagues are likely quite some time away since it's going to involve rating thousands of additional players, finding schedules, and figuring out how to properly replicate seasons. I mean, Minor League Hockey was basically a disaster until 2009/2010ish when teams finally got individual affiliates. That of course doesn't even begin to touch the multiple leagues, teams (and leagues) folding mid-season issues.

The big additional this year was having Historical Evolution changed. We're still working and building it more, but you can do some fun things like stop the WHA from collapsing, or keep the league at 6 teams, etc.

Will this game game work on my MacAir 2015 model?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Will this game game work on my MacAir 2015 model?

MAC OSX
Apple Mac minimum system requirements: Apple Mac minimum system requirements: Intel Processor, min. macOS 10.11, min. 1280×768 display (1280×768 display size requires fullscreen mode), 8 GB RAM, about 6 GB free HD space

Impaulator

Nov 5, 2019
Hi guys, can you loan players to other clubs in FHM6?
Iirc it wasn't possible in earlier versions.
Cheers

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Hi guys, can you loan players to other clubs in FHM6?
Iirc it wasn't possible in earlier versions.
Cheers

Yes and No.

Loans from the NHL to European Clubs for younger players work, and we're working on adding loans to/from other leagues, but that's going to require some major changes, so there's no definitive timeline for it. We are looking to add it in the future though.

Reactions: Impaulator

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Are we able to set our AHL lines in this years version if in control of an NHL team?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Are we able to set our AHL lines in this years version if in control of an NHL team?

If you set up and play with a second GM/HC. Otherwise, no. That's not the job of an NHL GM/HC. You can advise them to play your best prospects or best players, but that's the limit unless you run two GM/HCs.

It's no different if you only play GM for an NHL team. The Head Coach will set the lines and roles.

Impaulator

Nov 5, 2019
Yes and No.

Loans from the NHL to European Clubs for younger players work, and we're working on adding loans to/from other leagues, but that's going to require some major changes, so there's no definitive timeline for it. We are looking to add it in the future though.

Thanks, KnightAttack

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
So, apparently, I made a big mistake yesterday when I bought FHM6... I spent the day trying to learn how to play the game and has now sped forward a bit to get to my first draft. Well, whoop whoop - the game just crashes over and over again...

How and when?

Well, I went through an hour long procedure of picking an order for my top-60 or something like that. Then I went to "Action Menu" to hit "Stop picking" then it is asking me "Are you sure you want to stop picking and finish the draft", it crashes every time I hit "OK".

After this I went through the frustrating process to list every single available player just to see if that would cancel the bug. Nope... same procedure...

So I can't even get one season down here. That is not at all satisfying on a brand new computer bought to be able to handle heavier games than this...

Waste of time and money.

PS! Oh by the way: Even if it was working, why isn't the draft in real time. I don't want to wind up with 14 goalies in the draft because I need to list them all first. Is the real QMJHL-draft not in real time?

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
So, apparently, I made a big mistake yesterday when I bought FHM6... I spent the day trying to learn how to play the game and has now sped forward a bit to get to my first draft. Well, whoop whoop - the game just crashes over and over again...

How and when?

Well, I went through an hour long procedure of picking an order for my top-60 or something like that. Then I went to "Action Menu" to hit "Stop picking" then it is asking me "Are you sure you want to stop picking and finish the draft", it crashes every time I hit "OK".

After this I went through the frustrating process to list every single available player just to see if that would cancel the bug. Nope... same procedure...

So I can't even get one season down here. That is not at all satisfying on a brand new computer bought to be able to handle heavier games than this...

Waste of time and money.

PS! Oh by the way: Even if it was working, why isn't the draft in real time. I don't want to wind up with 14 goalies in the draft because I need to list them all first. Is the real QMJHL-draft not in real time?

I'm sorry you're games crashing. Would you be able to send us the save file so we can have a look at it and see what's causing the issue? Please send me a PM. In the mean time, I'll try and see if I can replicate the issue you've had. I don't believe we've seen anyone else running into that issue before.

As for drafting; no - the draft isn't real time. It's not something that's ever been requested. Most of the time people who draft tend to do it just "Pick until Human" and make their selection, or perhaps set up a Shortlist with players of interest in the order they are most interested.

EDIT: How are you trying to draft? Are you right clicking on a player and clicking "Draft Player"?

Last edited:

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
I'm sorry you're games crashing. Would you be able to send us the save file so we can have a look at it and see what's causing the issue? Please send me a PM. In the mean time, I'll try and see if I can replicate the issue you've had. I don't believe we've seen anyone else running into that issue before.

As for drafting; no - the draft isn't real time. It's not something that's ever been requested. Most of the time people who draft tend to do it just "Pick until Human" and make their selection, or perhaps set up a Shortlist with players of interest in the order they are most interested.

EDIT: How are you trying to draft? Are you right clicking on a player and clicking "Draft Player"?

Unfortunately I tried to have the assistant run the draft to get past the draft which succeeded, but of course ruined the fun of drafting (not to mention that he chose several players with injury issues, which I was planning to avoid :) ), so I don't have the save file for the crash situation anymore, I suppose.

The import draft was fine. I could just go ahead and pick. Which leads me to a seperate question: I was looking around for a way to find out whether these international players were even interested in coming over to my team, which is what happens in reality. But I couldn't find any way of talking to the players or seeing comments from them on what their plan was. The only thing I could find of essence for this matter was if they already was on a contract oversea.

Did I miss something? If I didn't miss something, I really think that would be something to develop. But it might be that most people just want to manage NHL, so maybe you guys just decided, that it would be a waste of ressources to build in...

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Unfortunately I tried to have the assistant run the draft to get past the draft which succeeded, but of course ruined the fun of drafting (not to mention that he chose several players with injury issues, which I was planning to avoid :) ), so I don't have the save file for the crash situation anymore, I suppose.

The import draft was fine. I could just go ahead and pick. Which leads me to a seperate question: I was looking around for a way to find out whether these international players were even interested in coming over to my team, which is what happens in reality. But I couldn't find any way of talking to the players or seeing comments from them on what their plan was. The only thing I could find of essence for this matter was if they already was on a contract oversea.

Did I miss something? If I didn't miss something, I really think that would be something to develop. But it might be that most people just want to manage NHL, so maybe you guys just decided, that it would be a waste of ressources to build in...

Depending on where you are, we still may be able to recover it because every save has 2 backup saves in it. (It's your last 2 saves). So if you're not too far past, we may be able to recover what we need to see an issue.

As for international players, there's a couple things to look for:

(1) If you click on a player's profile, on the Left Side under Personal Details, there's an option for "Junior Preference". If that's set to Junior, and not College or Europe, there's a higher probability they will come and play. Other keys to look for are just like real life:
(2) Were the drafted in the NHL?
(3) Are they in a contract that means they won't come (say, playing in the VHL/KHL)? Even taking someone from say the SHL can be risky too.
(4) And lastly, current teams make a big difference. Sometimes you'll see guys sneak over to North America a year early.

But also it's important to note that just because someone doesn't immediately come, doesn't mean they can't later. Unlike other leagues, you can actually see players transfer mid-season from Europe to Canada. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Reactions: Vandalay Industries

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
Depending on where you are, we still may be able to recover it because every save has 2 backup saves in it. (It's your last 2 saves). So if you're not too far past, we may be able to recover what we need to see an issue.

As for international players, there's a couple things to look for:

(1) If you click on a player's profile, on the Left Side under Personal Details, there's an option for "Junior Preference". If that's set to Junior, and not College or Europe, there's a higher probability they will come and play. Other keys to look for are just like real life:
(2) Were the drafted in the NHL?
(3) Are they in a contract that means they won't come (say, playing in the VHL/KHL)? Even taking someone from say the SHL can be risky too.
(4) And lastly, current teams make a big difference. Sometimes you'll see guys sneak over to North America a year early.

But also it's important to note that just because someone doesn't immediately come, doesn't mean they can't later. Unlike other leagues, you can actually see players transfer mid-season from Europe to Canada. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Great. These things were also what I was looking for, so I find this very nice to know that it's all incorporated in the game :)

I do think, though, that it could be a very good option for the game to have a way of talking with the very young players before this draft because most of these youths IRL have informal agreements with the CHL-teams before getting drafted. They can't make binding agreements of course, but most of them talk with the club that winds up drafting them before the draft and a lot of them have as close to an agreement as they can.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
Great. These things were also what I was looking for, so I find this very nice to know that it's all incorporated in the game :)

I do think, though, that it could be a very good option for the game to have a way of talking with the very young players before this draft because most of these youths IRL have informal agreements with the CHL-teams before getting drafted. They can't make binding agreements of course, but most of them talk with the club that winds up drafting them before the draft and a lot of them have as close to an agreement as they can.
I'm not disagreeing, but I'm not able to picture myself how that would work. I can't remember if there's anything mentioned in the Scouting Report as well, but that's something to look at as well. If it's not in there, that would likely be a spot where we *could* add something in the future.

EDIT: If they are in the CHL Import Draft, they want to come to the CHL - and should - unless a contract doesn't allow them to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vandalay Industries

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
What is the likelihood this game goes on sale for boxing day or another Steam sale?

Buying at full price isn't an issue but it's really a bad idea for me to buy it right now because I am too busy, so maybe I am just looking for an excuse to not let a hockey sim take over my life....

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
What is the likelihood this game goes on sale for boxing day or another Steam sale?

Buying at full price isn't an issue but it's really a bad idea for me to buy it right now because I am too busy, so maybe I am just looking for an excuse to not let a hockey sim take over my life....

Whenever you do decide to buy, we really appreciate the support. I can't really confirm or deny a sale, but you may want to consider there should be a Steam sale soon.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
A new update is out which includes the ability to create a customizable depth charts for your team. This allows you to set lineup priorities for your players, effectively giving the AI a simple set of rules for which players to substitute in when needed - so you'll no longer have to stop and replace players when you get an injury or suspension, instead letting the AI handle it automatically. Handy for single player games, but also a large benefit for multiplayer leagues. More information on this can be found in the usual places.

You can now also "Add" Historical Players current games. It's a fairly new feature, and we're still editing through the historical data - again a few notes on it - but you can have some interesting results with this now. A few other changes, including the addition of the UK Challenge Cup are apart of this update as well.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
A new update is out which includes the ability to create a customizable depth charts for your team. This allows you to set lineup priorities for your players, effectively giving the AI a simple set of rules for which players to substitute in when needed - so you'll no longer have to stop and replace players when you get an injury or suspension, instead letting the AI handle it automatically. Handy for single player games, but also a large benefit for multiplayer leagues. More information on this can be found in the usual places.

You can now also "Add" Historical Players current games. It's a fairly new feature, and we're still editing through the historical data - again a few notes on it - but you can have some interesting results with this now. A few other changes, including the addition of the UK Challenge Cup are apart of this update as well.

This update wiped out my save files :(

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
So the game has been out for a few months now. How is it?
Obviously I'm not going to give a very impartial answer - but there's no better time to pick it up and try for yourself when it's half off for the Winter sale. We're continuing to add and build more, and adding more requested features. We're driven by what our consumers are asking for. There's plenty of fun to be had playing the game, and if you do pick it up, I would love to hear your thoughts (and feel free to send them via PM).

This update wiped out my save files :(

Whoa, what? Can you explain what you mean here? I'm not sure how that could happen.

Reactions: Riptide

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
Obviously I'm not going to give a very impartial answer - but there's no better time to pick it up and try for yourself when it's half off for the Winter sale. We're continuing to add and build more, and adding more requested features. We're driven by what our consumers are asking for. There's plenty of fun to be had playing the game, and if you do pick it up, I would love to hear your thoughts (and feel free to send them via PM).

Whoa, what? Can you explain what you mean here? I'm not sure how that could happen.

I have this when I try to load my file.

If nothing can be done its no big deal! Still love playing this game

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 10.09.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 10.09.11 PM.png
    957.1 KB · Views: 12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad