FHL Watertown sitting out 2015-16

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
Even if the FHL still exits when the renovations are done (a big if), I wonder if the ownership group will consider jumping over to juniors instead. They'd be a great geographic fit for a junior A team in the CCHL, with no teams beyond a 6 hour drive, most within 3. Otherwise, the NAHL is creeping into the Northeast and Watertown looks like a reasonable fit now and likely even more so by next year. I'm not certain if the fans in Watertown would accept a Tier II junior team, though.

JackalsKnuckles

Jun 18, 2007
Even if the FHL still exits when the renovations are done (a big if), I wonder if the ownership group will consider jumping over to juniors instead. They'd be a great geographic fit for a junior A team in the CCHL, with no teams beyond a 6 hour drive, most within 3. Otherwise, the NAHL is creeping into the Northeast and Watertown looks like a reasonable fit now and likely even more so by next year. I'm not certain if the fans in Watertown would accept a Tier II junior team, though.

Always wondered why Watertown didn't have a team in the CCHL, or even an OJHL team which could play close teams like Kingston, Trenton, or Wellington all within 2 hours.

SnipeShow91

Aug 9, 2010
Always wondered why Watertown didn't have a team in the CCHL, or even an OJHL team which could play close teams like Kingston, Trenton, or Wellington all within 2 hours.

Maybe because when Syracuse had a OPJHL team (now the OJHL) it was an utter failure. But with Buffalo Jr Sabres in the OJHL, maybe having another American team for them to play wouldn't hurt

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Maybe because when Syracuse had a OPJHL team (now the OJHL) it was an utter failure. But with Buffalo Jr Sabres in the OJHL, maybe having another American team for them to play wouldn't hurt

I would assume the main reason is that Watertown evidently doesn't have an arena suitable to host even an FHL team. Have you seen the "renovation" picks on Facebook? The place is a barn in the worst sense of the word.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad