FHL on the move

Falconone

Jun 4, 2007
Suburb of Boston MA
Watertown

Watertown Wolves announce the hiring of former Danbury coach Phil Esposito (whatta hockey name eh?) and if you look at the roster, outside of the goalies it's pretty much a bunch of former Danbury players......

Something about the more things change the more they stay the same.......:sarcasm:

AHLFAN

Mar 10, 2008
Shrewsbury, PA
FHL approves Winston Salem

The FHL has approved a franchise in Winston Salem. Barry Soskin will be the owner. They took the name Winston Salem Thunderbirds. The Birds begin play in the 17-18 season.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
By my count 5. He's owned Danville Dashers, Port Huron Prowlers, Dayton Demonz, Stateline Whalers, and Carolina Thunderbirds.
Oh, it's a lot more than that. A quick google search also reveals the Brewster Bulldogs of the FHL, plus three teams in the NJHL, the Pelham Prowlers of the SEHL, the NAHL Thunder, the Traverse City Enforcers of the CEHL, and the Toledo Storm of the ECHL. That is just on the first two pages. I'm sure there are others

Cornwall OHL

That's my O face.
Jun 18, 2010
South Glengarry
Oh, it's a lot more than that. A quick google search also reveals the Brewster Bulldogs of the FHL, plus three teams in the NJHL, the Pelham Prowlers of the SEHL, the NAHL Thunder, the Traverse City Enforcers of the CEHL, and the Toledo Storm of the ECHL. That is just on the first two pages. I'm sure there are others

You would think a hockey maven like Barry Soskin would consolidate all of his hockey holdings into one or two teams at a higher more desirable level.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
You would think a hockey maven like Barry Soskin would consolidate all of his hockey holdings into one or two teams at a higher more desirable level.

Just take soccer some of the well known and richest people choose to own a couple minor league soccer teams vs owning a Mls team.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
http://www.federalhockey.com/news/fhl-formally-approved-membership-to-cornwall-ontar

FHL FORMALLY APPROVES MEMBERSHIP TO CORNWALL, ONTARIO FOR 2016-17 SEASON

Syracuse, NY – The Federal Hockey League (FHL) has formally approved an expansion FHL Member Club to Cornwall, Ontario, Canada that will begin play during the 2016-17 season.

The new Cornwall expansion membership will play its home games at the Ed Lumley Arena at the Cornwall Civic Complex in Cornwall, a venue that was opened in 1976 and has a seating capacity of up to 5,000 fans for hockey.

GFHL

Feb 25, 2015
FLINTown
Is this team going to be made up of the former Cornwall River Kings players? How else would they get a team together?

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Is this team going to be made up of the former Cornwall River Kings players? How else would they get a team together?

I think this is more than likely.

If people didn't like the league the River Kings were in, wait until they see the quality of FHL hockey.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

He's owned pay-to-play teams in lower tier junior leagues as well. Nothing ever is successful, but he keeps buying teams.

I'd love to see Soskin's full portfolio of assets. I'm sure it would be an interesting experience:laugh:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Honest to God I wish Danbury could move to the LNAH. That would be a match made in heaven for us!!! Bring back the Trashers name and unis and it would be perfect.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Lou Dickinson, Jeff Legue, Jason Lepine to play with them in the FHL. From Ashley March, she says the team will be mainly ex LNAHers. Should be a tough team to say the least.

The PIM portion of the FHL record book will be re-written by the Nationals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->