FHL back to NH

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
The Fed itself has been an April Fools joke for quite a while.

I would be surprised if the market does rejoin. They’re almost in Quebec. Unless the Fed adds two more northeast teams, they’ll get killed off within two years from the travel costs, just like the River Drivers. And the BlackJacks lasted 10 games in the LNAH. The population of the area is only 10,000 and they averaged about 600 people per game. Even if they get the rink capacity up to 2,000, its flawed logic to think that 1/5 of the population of the town is going to be there every game.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
The Fed itself has been an April Fools joke for quite a while.

I would be surprised if the market does rejoin. They’re almost in Quebec. Unless the Fed adds two more northeast teams, they’ll get killed off within two years from the travel costs, just like the River Drivers. And the BlackJacks lasted 10 games in the LNAH. The population of the area is only 10,000 and they averaged about 600 people per game. Even if they get the rink capacity up to 2,000, its flawed logic to think that 1/5 of the population of the town is going to be there every game.
Maybe they are speculating the ECHL wont come back to the state next year.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Maybe they are speculating the ECHL wont come back to the state next year.

Berlin to Manchester is well over two hours, mostly through the middle of nowhere and occasionally unpaved back roads. If the Monarchs do not return, Berlin won't be seeing in any trickle down. It is the geographic equivalent of saying that the Binghamton Devils should draw in people who are missing out from having no hockey in Albany.

My bet is that it's either an April Fool's joke, especially with the article's quote from the commish. “Wait when did the River Drivers fold?” Kirnan said. “Well, regardless, Berlin will be a great addition and we look forward to them helping grow the FHL brand, the best Single A hockey league the country has to offer.” It's either that, or an ownership group is going to dump a ton of money into a market and arena that isn't able to offer any more than what it's shown in the past. And to be completely fair, the proportion of the region's population they fit into their community rink is impressive.

Berlin also tried the Jr route too without any success.

I don't remember a junior team being in Berlin. What team and league?

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Berlin to Manchester is well over two hours, mostly through the middle of nowhere and occasionally unpaved back roads. If the Monarchs do not return, Berlin won't be seeing in any trickle down. It is the geographic equivalent of saying that the Binghamton Devils should draw in people who are missing out from having no hockey in Albany.

My bet is that it's either an April Fool's joke, especially with the article's quote from the commish. “Wait when did the River Drivers fold?” Kirnan said. “Well, regardless, Berlin will be a great addition and we look forward to them helping grow the FHL brand, the best Single A hockey league the country has to offer.” It's either that, or an ownership group is going to dump a ton of money into a market and arena that isn't able to offer any more than what it's shown in the past. And to be completely fair, the proportion of the region's population they fit into their community rink is impressive.

I don't remember a junior team being in Berlin. What team and league?
There was an article awhile back that said some Albany fans make to trip to Binghamton now. Either way the listing for the monarchs has been removed so we should hear something soon
Teams For Sale

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
There was an article awhile back that said some Albany fans make to trip to Binghamton now. Either way the listing for the monarchs has been removed so we should hear something soon
Teams For Sale
Manchester remains alive, Centrum, because their season isn't over as they are the 3 seed in the ECHL North, teams don't disappear until May nor has there been any discussion over Manchester media-wise vis a vis the ECHL likely because both sales were private transactions which then have to be forwarded to the League ie transfer of ownership

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Teams For Sale
Manchester is not going anywhere.... They have signed with the ECHL to play next season. The question will be who owns the team. It's like the Kings stick around as well.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Manchester remains alive, Centrum, because their season isn't over as they are the 3 seed in the ECHL North, teams don't disappear until May nor has there been any discussion over Manchester media-wise vis a vis the ECHL likely because both sales were private transactions which then have to be forwarded to the League ie transfer of ownership
Centrum didn't say the team had disappeared or left the ECHL, they said the for sale listing has disappeared from the Sports Advisory Group franchises for sale page. They aren't listed on the recently sold page yet, hence waiting for some word (on either a sale or a decision not to sell.)

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Centrum didn't say the team had disappeared or left the ECHL, they said the for sale listing has disappeared from the Sports Advisory Group franchises for sale page. They aren't listed on the recently sold page yet, hence waiting for some word (on either a sale or a decision not to sell.)
There hasn't been any word because it's a private transaction, same as 2015/16

Last edited by a moderator:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Manchester is not going anywhere.... They have signed with the ECHL to play next season. The question will be who owns the team. It's like the Kings stick around as well.

Monarchs confirmed to me yesterday that they are playing in 2019-20 in Manchester. They declined comment on every other question I asked, although I will note they were really polite about it.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
If the kings are sticking around is Boston eyeing Maine or are they going to renew with Atlanta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->