Fewest Goals Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004
I know CANADA has already broken their record for most goals scored, but what is the record for the least goals allowed?

I seem to remember in the mid 90's when our goalie tandem was Manny Legace and Phillipe Derouville... they allowed only 10 goals...setting what I thought was a record. Not sure if it's a CANADIAN record or WJC record.

Thanks and remember.....IT'S A CANADIAN GAME!!!

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I couldn't tell you for sure, but I would assume that 5 goals against in 4 games has to be pretty close, if it isn't the record comming out of the round robin anyway.

I bet they were pretty close to the record in shots against as well. The Canadian defence is about as dominating in the defensive zone as any defence I have ever seen. Most opposing players don't even try to beat them and just shoot from the blue line.

KH1

IAMCANADIAN said:
I know CANADA has already broken their record for most goals scored, but what is the record for the least goals allowed?

I seem to remember in the mid 90's when our goalie tandem was Manny Legace and Phillipe Derouville... they allowed only 10 goals...setting what I thought was a record. Not sure if it's a CANADIAN record or WJC record.

Yeah, and lacrosse is a native american game but white guys are still good at it :rolleyes:

Anywho, I dunno what the record is but the Canadian defense has been jaw dropping this tournament. They've gotta be close to the record if they don't get it.

IAMCANADIAN said:

I'm not sure what record you mean. It seems you're talking about just the round robin, or do you mean for the entire tournament including the playoff games.

Either way, I thought this was interesting so I looked it up. They changed the format for this tournament in 1996 to include elimination games, so I did records for after 1996 and for all-time.

As you can see, this year's Canadian team broke the record for most goals in the round-robin with 32, but were 1 goal off tying the record for fewest goals allowed.

All-Time
Most Goals Scored
1986 Canada 54

Fewest Goals Allowed
2001 Russia 7

1996 and After (Entire Tournament)
Most Goals Scored
2000 Sweden 45

Fewest Goals Allowed
2001 Russia 7

1996 and After (Round Robin Only)
Most Goals Scored
2000 Russia 30

Fewest Goals Allowed
2004 Canada 4
2004 United States 4
2001 Czech Republic 4
2000 Russia 4
1996 Canada 4

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004
Thank you

Doomsday Device said:
I'm not sure what record you mean. It seems you're talking about just the round robin, or do you mean for the entire tournament including the playoff games.

Either way, I thought this was interesting so I looked it up. They changed the format for this tournament in 1996 to include elimination games, so I did records for after 1996 and for all-time.

As you can see, this year's Canadian team broke the record for most goals in the round-robin with 32, but were 1 goal off tying the record for fewest goals allowed.

All-Time
Most Goals Scored
1986 Canada 54

Fewest Goals Allowed
2001 Russia 7

1996 and After (Entire Tournament)
Most Goals Scored
2000 Sweden 45

Fewest Goals Allowed
2001 Russia 7

1996 and After (Round Robin Only)
Most Goals Scored