Prospect Info: Ferland Traded to Saskatoon Blades

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
The Wheat Kings owe a big "thank you" to Ferland for that one. A first round pick for essentially nothing!

It will be nice to see Ferland play in the Memorial cup, lets hope he performs up to expectations.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I was hoping he was going to get another shot with Abby after NHL call ups for camp leave. I hope he can discover what it takes to be a pro.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Yes! I was planning on catching a Blades games soon, now even more motivation

DouglasQuaid

Blabbed about Mars
May 8, 2010
This was honestly the first thing I thought of when I saw he was assigned to Brandon. Will be great to see him play for a Memorial Cup.

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
Cant believe he couldn't make the farm in AHL or ECHL .:huh:

That is a matter of philosophy of the organization. The teams are loading up the rosters with the maximum number of veterans so the ice time the kids get is limited. Ferland wanted ice time to work on his game and watching career minor leaguers from the bench or press box was not allowing for that. Junior was his best option so he got his agent to arrange that. Hopefully it works out.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That is a matter of philosophy of the organization. The teams are loading up the rosters with the maximum number of veterans so the ice time the kids get is limited. Ferland wanted ice time to work on his game and watching career minor leaguers from the bench or press box was not allowing for that. Junior was his best option so he got his agent to arrange that. Hopefully it works out.

Correct, Ferland requested to be sent back to Juniors and the Flames found a way to do it.

Excellent to see him get a chance to play in the Memorial Cup....

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
It is a bit disappointing that Ferland didn't make the Heat roster on a regular basis, but most of that is due to him learning how to be a pro. I think his conditioning was a huge factor. The off-ice assault incident he was involved in may have also played a role in his mindset - both in his conditioning and also his on-ice performance.

Not too worried at this point on how he progresses from here. Flames will take their time with him, and if he pans out, I think he will end up being a fan favorite and a key cog on a team. That kind of toughness with pretty good hands are a great combination, but only time will tell whether or not he progresses.

Just glad that Ferland will be playing big minutes on a team looking to go far. Should help him get his groove back, and hopefully he will have a better camp next year for the Heat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->