Fehr & Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
The Wheat Kings played Moose Jam last night. Eric Fehr had 4 goals and an assist, Ryan Stone had 5 assists. They are now sitting 1-2 for points in the WHL. Fehr looks unstopable right now, I can't see him not making team Canada. I think they would be smart to take both of them and play them on the same line, because their chemistry is tremendous. However, if Fehr doesn't make the team.....I'm thinking he gets 65 goals this season. Fehr and Ovechkin in a few years....will be sick!!!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Fighter said:
Add Semin and the Caps will be even more impressive :amazed:

Add Crosby or Brule and...who am I kidding. :P

Fehr has 22 goals in 23 games. He leads the league now. That's such a sick pace.

He and Ryan Stone (leads WHL in assists, points) have remarkable chemistry.

Vik

Nov 18, 2004
There were a couple nice goals too. I didn't get to see the 2nd period but in the 3rd, there was a nice give and go in the offensive zone between those 2 that resulted in Fehr having an empty net to shoot at (though he was actually kind of fighting off a defender while he did it) and there was another where Fehr got the puck and had a defender all over him, ended up shooting while back on his heals and still managed to get the puck up over Lepp's shoulder. It would've made Don Cherry proud.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Fehr has a phenomenal reach and is extremely hard working when he see's the puck....I would love to see him and Stone playing for Canada....I think Fehr has his spot already and hopefully Stone will lock his up as well.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Captain Conservative said:
Aaron, could you tell me a bit more about Fehrs wrist shot, i.e. the power, speed, accuracy, and release?

Think about how much Sakic and Messiers wrist shots were head and shoulders above everyone elses. Fehr's shot is that much better then everyone else in the WHL. I'd go so far as to say he's got the best wrist shot out of anyone I've seen in the dub over the last season and a half.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
ernesto said:
IMO Nigel Dawes has the hardest wrister in the whl.with fehr a close second.but it's not like i have a radar detector or anything.it just looks heavier to me.

Speed isn't everything on a wrist shot.

It's a lot about release (how fast, can you do it in traffic, can you do it with contact),and accuracy.

Though, with those things said, what's he going to look like in the NHL? I've got a hard time picturing what he'll develop into. He's got size, but doesn't use it physically, other then getting seperation.

Maybe just a pure sniper?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Well I guess one could say that he is not having to be that physical to score in the WHL but he would have to learn to be more so to perform better at the NHL level.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
usiel said:
Well I guess one could say that he is not having to be that physical to score in the WHL but he would have to learn to be more so to perform better at the NHL level.

He's not soft, he more or less uses his body for shooting/playmaking positioning. Ala Andreychuck, Lecavalier, etc.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
ernesto said:
IMO Nigel Dawes has the hardest wrister in the whl.with fehr a close second.but it's not like i have a radar detector or anything.it just looks heavier to me.

Dawes does not come close to having the hardest wrist shot in the WHL and he'll be the first to admit it. His accuracy and his extremely quick release contribute to most of his goals. He has a quicker release than Fehr which is just as good as a hard shot since the puck ends up at the back of the net at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->