Fehr scores 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And teammate Ryan Stone has around the same mark in point per game.
At the same age, and while being much more physical and spending more time in the penalty box...

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
strungout said:
50 goals in 71 games.

Only 2 others scored 50 this season in the WHL...both over 20 years old.

Fehr is only 18.

:yo:

Williams was a 19 yr old this season. Leonard was a 20 yr old this season. Fehr was an 18 yr old this year and Dawes had 47 goals in 56 games and would've beat everyone if he had played 70 or so games this year.

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
Evilo said:
At the same age, and while being much more physical and spending more time in the penalty box...
They do make a killer combination...did Stone style have any kinda impact on Fehr's play this season at all....I noticed his PIMs jumped compared to last season...I know PIMs dont tell the whole story but its nice to see he's getting some.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Evilo said:

Stone should be a decent NHLer someday, but he's no Fehr in terms of offensive talent.

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
Evilo said:
Ok then. You take Jason Wiemer, I'll take Glen Murray.
There's really no comparison from Fehr to Stone in terms of NHL upside.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
would Sid have 50 in the Dub or the "O"

Carbonneau said:
Yeah, i was being sarcastic. :joker:

Crosby is the real deal

GP=58
G=52
A=79
PTS=134
PIM=134

only 16

not being sarcastis, just asking a question as the Q has a more offensive reputation.

thanks

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I never said Stone had better upside.
I'm simply pointing out that Stone is scoring at the same impressive average while being more of a physical force.
And really for the Murray/Wiemer comparisons, I could make a Bertuzzi/Kobasew one as well...
It's ridiculous to determine Fehr will be another ABM and Stone another Wiemer.
They're only 18.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm getting more and more excited about Fehr seeing these points put up.

If he scores 20/30 goals at the NHL level, and puts in a little forecheck, I'll be extremely happy.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Evilo said:
I never said Stone had better upside.
I'm simply pointing out that Stone is scoring at the same impressive average while being more of a physical force.
And really for the Murray/Wiemer comparisons, I could make a Bertuzzi/Kobasew one as well...
It's ridiculous to determine Fehr will be another ABM and Stone another Wiemer.
They're only 18.

Fehr has a better goal-scoring per game av (.7 for Fehr to .4 for Stone), and I'd be interested to see how many Brandon games you've actually watched. Are you basing the physical presence thing strictly on PIMs, or do you have other insight? Not saying he is or he isn't, I don't know, as I haven't seen Brandon play. Just wondering if you have.

Again, I am not judging the prospects at all, just wondering what you are basing your opinions on.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Random thoughts on this thread.

Fehr scoring 50 goals is very impressive for an 18 year old in the WHL. I very tough, defensive style league right now.

The ages of the 3 players who scored 50 are:
Fehr, who turned 18 in September
Leonard, who turned 20 in November is a very late 83 born.
Williams, who turned 20 in January and is a 84 born but only 2 months younger than Leonard.
Dawes scored 47 goals in 56 gmes is perhaps the most impressive goal scorer in the league. Dawes in an 1985 born like Fehr but turned 19 in February making him 7 months older.
-Not sure if any of this matters but those are the stats.

What I find impressive is Getzlaf who scored 75 points in 2/3 of a season 49 games!

SwOOsh*

Evilo said:

Do you always troll anything that has to do with the Capitals. Your a great admin :yo:

DR. Holiday

Fehr is shaping up to be a 30 plus goal power forward which is going to make the caps look good after blowing a ton of picks over the last number of years.
Stone doesn't have the offensive upside but is a guy who will wear a letter in the NHL and be a guy you want to go to war with in the playoffs.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Marshall said:
Fehr has a better goal-scoring per game av (.7 for Fehr to .4 for Stone), and I'd be interested to see how many Brandon games you've actually watched. Are you basing the physical presence thing strictly on PIMs, or do you have other insight? Not saying he is or he isn't, I don't know, as I haven't seen Brandon play. Just wondering if you have.

Again, I am not judging the prospects at all, just wondering what you are basing your opinions on.
I have had several reports on these guys from people I know and trust. Brandon also has Christensen, so I'm very interested in this team.

Do you always troll anything that has to do with the Capitals. Your a great admin
Where do you see trolling? And where did you see I posted in anything related to the Capitals?
You might as well stop the paranoia.
And BTW, I'm not an admin...

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
"I have had several reports on these guys from people I know and trust. Brandon also has Christensen, so I'm very interested in this team."

Thanks for the clarification.

From what I've heard, it's a chicken/egg kind of situation. Fehr gets more opportunities because Stone is working his butt off in the corner, and Stone gets more opportunities because Fehr can make things happen offensively.

And, I don't know if you're a mod, but you can't be ignored.

Last edited:

SwOOsh*

Evilo said:

The way you state your opinion is trolling 100% and do you really want me to find other post of yours trolling stuff to do with the Capitals?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Marshall said:
"I have had several reports on these guys from people I know and trust. Brandon also has Christensen, so I'm very interested in this team."

Thanks for the clarification.

From what I've heard, it's a chicken/egg kind of situation. Fehr gets more opportunities because Stone is working his butt off in the corner, and Stone gets more opportunities because Fehr can make things happen offensively.

And, I don't know if you're a mod, but you can't be ignored.
Oh I never said Fehr isn't deserving his numbers. He's impressive by all accounts.
I was just pointing out Stone's work on the team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
SwOOsh said:
The way you state your opinion is trolling 100% and do you really want me to find other post of yours trolling stuff to do with the Capitals?
First if you want a definition of trolling, it would probably not be "Stone is getting the same kind of numbers while being more physical".
PM me for more details, I'll give you a tip or two about what trolling is.
While you're at it, send me all those links you're talking about, because your accusations are starting to get on my nerves.
If I can't talk about a Pens prospect in a prospect thread without being called for trolling, then you might as well explain me that in detail through PM. It doesn't bring anything to this thread (just like you have since the beginning of it) so we should keep it private.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->