Fehr, Perry or Pineault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
In my personal opinion (just going by what I've heard), I would say Pineault has the biggest upside, and Fehr is most likely to reach it.

X-SHARKIE

Man that is tough.

Adam Pineault reminds me alot of Bill Guerin.

Eric Fehr is a huge forward, who works extremely hard in both zones and has finishing skills.

Corey Perry has huge numbers again this year, he's tall, and can make some great things happen with the puck.... but I don't think he'll work in the NHL.

I guess I would take Pineault or Fehr.

Campino

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Pineault has the biggest upside for sure. I don't feel Perry has an upside, I think he just is who he is. Fehr does have potential to reach his upside.

FedorScores

Jun 20, 2004
Manitoba,Canada
milfhockey.com
If I'm a team that has few to none legimate NHL prospects, and needs a bluechipper who will have a solid impact (beyond all reasonable doubt) its Fehr by a country mile.

If I'm a team that has a solid group of prospects, and has room to take a chance on someone, Pineault.

I'd still take Fehr, if it's just personal preference.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
1. Perry - This guy just keeps getting better and better, great offensive upside, a stickhandling wizard with size and grit.
2. Fehr - Seems to be developing into a power forward as was expected, he might have the highest upside but could take longer to reach his max potential.
3. Pineault - A very skilled player, Pineault has been on the radar for a few years, had a poor year last year but is having a solid rookie campaign in the Q right now.

In my mind all 3 of these guys have very high potential, I'd be happy having any of them on my team.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Fehr's goal scoring ability is insane. He can score like Brett Hull, with way better size. I'd take him without question.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
borro said:
Fehr has 12 points in 8 games and is developing nicely into a power forward. I don't know enough about the others to comment on them.

Make that 16 pts, 10 games (10 g, 6 a).

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think all three are going to take a while to develop.

Though, I really hope that the Caps do not rush Fehr. While scoring wise, he might look like he'll be ready for the NHL in 2 years tops (maybe even a look in 2005) he needs to keep filling out. While I don't know know how big of a power forward side of a game he could have, he definitely could use to still add some muscle. 20 more pounds on his 6'3" ish frame and he could be a pain in the butt to handle in the offensive zone.

I don't know that his specific skills are clearly exceptional (because they're not) but somehow he finds a way to score. I don't think he has Rick Nash talent, but both players seem to find the net and a way to score. So the comparison could be there. However, in the NHL, there is next to no chance of a Fehr rookie year like Nash.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Chimaera said:
I think all three are going to take a while to develop.

Though, I really hope that the Caps do not rush Fehr. While scoring wise, he might look like he'll be ready for the NHL in 2 years tops (maybe even a look in 2005) he needs to keep filling out. While I don't know know how big of a power forward side of a game he could have, he definitely could use to still add some muscle. 20 more pounds on his 6'3" ish frame and he could be a pain in the butt to handle in the offensive zone.

I don't know that his specific skills are clearly exceptional (because they're not) but somehow he finds a way to score. I don't think he has Rick Nash talent, but both players seem to find the net and a way to score. So the comparison could be there. However, in the NHL, there is next to no chance of a Fehr rookie year like Nash.

You prolly know this already, but Fehr was 6'4", 200 lbs at the beginning of the season and he just turned 19 Sept. 9th or something close to that date. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 6'5", 235 by the time he finishes growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad