Fehr - Goal of the season?

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Seen it from some other angles and it is just simply beautiful. I thought Datsyuk's was goal of the year but not now especially considering the timing in OT and against a top opponent in the B's.

Liberati0n*

FehrOTGWG-BehindView-Boston20130305_zps17fae6b4.gif

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Too bad it's wasted on an empty season.

Edit: freaking sick though. Not sure he realized he pushed it past the d on his right, but beauty when falling. Dude has always been lethal when quick.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Impressive how Fehrsie has the puck in his skates, and then almost pushes it far side on the hapless bell still ringing G.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Also impressive how he stretches himself Fantastic 4 Reed Richards elasto-man thin in order to squeeze between the two D.

In all seriousness, throughout this season, the guy has been using his frame in a way that I'd never seen from him previously. His work along the boards and in tight areas has been so much stronger than it used to be - which is probably why Oates has been using him on D-zone face-offs and the PK.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Fehr does use his body well. Somewhat subtle things at first glance but when you see him do it over and over, you start to appreciate it.

It seems like something that could be taught, but it may just be an innate thing. Some guys can use their body to shield the puck etc, others never even try. Its like a foreign concept.

He uses his jumbo twig well too.

He is still hurting for TOI but I have a feeling Oates addresses that soon.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Two things I noticed... Fehr passes to Backie first then gets it back, so I give him a secondary A on the play. 1+1 on the GWG. Also, Fehr passes to Backie the has to scoot around our left D, who is lollygagging through center ice. Plus the Bruin LD who he most abused on the play wasn't some AHL hack, it was Seidenberg. The effort from Hamilton on the play was pretty weak sauce too, very Shultz-esque.

:yo:

Imagine if the 4th we got from Peg for Fehr when we sent him packing actually becomes a player. The genius that is GMGM will be evident for all to see and worship :help:

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Two things I noticed... Fehr passes to Backie first then gets it back, so I give him a secondary A on the play. 1+1 on the GWG. Also, Fehr passes to Backie the has to scoot around our left D, who is lollygagging through center ice. Plus the Bruin LD who he most abused on the play wasn't some AHL hack, it was Seidenberg. The effort from Hamilton on the play was pretty weak sauce too, very Shultz-esque.

:yo:

Imagine if the 4th we got from Peg for Fehr when we sent him packing actually becomes a player. The genius that is GMGM will be evident for all to see and worship :help:

Dave,

If ever there was a 'right place at the right time' goal, that's it.

Fair got just enough mustard on that shot to blow it by him... great effort.

What I really liked is how we didn't give up, and kept chipping away, and eventually won.

The only bummer is that Boston came away with a point.

Liberati0n*

Wow, does NBC not allow footage of goals to be posted on youtube now? I'm looking for that goal Fehr scored against the Penguins in 2010 and all I can find is really ****** videos from people in the crowd.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think its high time to get Fehr into the slot on the PP. PP1.

Brouwer has been great, a leader on and off the ice ;) but I don't see any drop off getting Fehr some one timers.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
I'd like to see Fehr up on the first with Ribiero and Ovi. It wont happen because Oates likes to see people play their strong wing and Ovi and Fehr are both righties, but I think he could add the skill and fight to that line and make it be pretty strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad