Feelings about that 2nd Pairing?

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Hague and Theodore. I didn't see it happening right away, but after one game (tiny sample size, I know) it looks like maybe GG has shored up the D corps by sitting Engo and putting Hague with Shea. I considered Hague to be too similar to Shea and should be paired with a more stay at home guy, but maybe this is the way to get Nic to learn the most important part of being a D man before honing those offensive skills. Since the results were good, I would expect to see more against Toronto, a hugely different offensive beast than CBJ.
Here is some paywall reading: The play that shows why the Golden Knights think Nic Hague...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I said before the season that pairing Hague with Schmidt is probably the way to go if they're going to keep him up for the year. I don't think they should have both Hague and Theodore on the ice vs Toronto and Washington unless they want to get torched.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think would rather have Hague and Schmidt then McNabb and Theodore. But then we need a RD. Having all four and sometimes all six defensemen left handed is not ideal.

I think we would be better if we could find a RD to put with Theodore this season and next season and put Hague on the third pairing with Merrill or Whitecloud or Coghlan the next few seasons.

Theodore and Schmidt can play RD but are more effective at LD but we have to deal with what we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad