OT: Feedback for hockey news app I made w/ awesome Habs feed

the watcher

Feb 7, 2006
Montreal
Fellow Montrealer here, I just published my 2nd app on the iOS app store and I need some input to make it better! The app mainly serves to get hockey news in real time. There's a feed for every team, but the Montreal feed is particularly well filled since i'm a habs fan, and it has a good mix of anglo/franco reporters.

I think it can be super helpful for a bunch of folks who don't have/want a twitter account, or don't want to bother finding who to follow. And of course for fantasy hockey folks. The plan is to keep the sources updated often, example I added that weird mascot Gritty to the Flyers feed today.

It's only on iOS unfortunately. Here's a link to the app store: ‎Hockey News in Real Time

Looking forward to the input

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
How are you different from twitter feeds?

the watcher

Feb 7, 2006
Montreal
How are you different from twitter feeds?

Content wise not much different if you think you have the sources you already want for your team. However I aggregate feeds for every team in one place, including the important beat writers for each team. This takes a lot of work when dealing with multiple teams and fantasy. And of course you don’t need a twitter account.

Also it’s a work in progress so I’d love to hear what else folks would want out of this.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Content wise not much different if you think you have the sources you already want for your team. However I aggregate feeds for every team in one place, including the important beat writers for each team. This takes a lot of work when dealing with multiple teams and fantasy. And of course you don’t need a twitter account.

Also it’s a work in progress so I’d love to hear what else folks would want out of this.
Are you using the twitter api, or did you make your own to scrape multiple sources? Good job regarldess, nothing wrong with getting your hands dirty and creating your own thing, that's how I started years ago.

the watcher

Feb 7, 2006
Montreal
Are you using the twitter api, or did you make your own to scrape multiple sources? Good job regarldess, nothing wrong with getting your hands dirty and creating your own thing, that's how I started years ago.

Thanks. Using the API, I wanted to focus on content & features instead of rebuilding what already exists :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad