Fedz Mock Draft - Everybody Is Doing One, Why Not Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
1. Washington, Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh, Evgeni Malkin
3. Chicago, Rostislav Olesz
4. Colombus, Cameron Barker
5. Phoenix, Lauri Tukonen
6. NY Rangers, Robbie Schremp
7. Florida, A.J Thelen
8. Carolina, Drew Stafford
9. Anaheim, Andrew Ladd
10. Atlanta, Alexander Radulov
11. Los Angeles, Marek Schwarz
12. Minnesota, Wojtek Wolski
13. Buffalo, Ladislav Smid
14. Edmonton, Alexandre Picard
15. NY Islanders, Wes O'Neill
16. Nashville, Mike Green
17. St Louis, Kyle Chipchura
18. Montreal, Boris Valabik
19. Calgary, Enver Lisin
20. Dallas, Kirill Lyamin
21. Colorado, Jakub Sindel
22. New Jersey, Brian Bickell
23. Edmonton (from Philadelphia), Alvaro Montoya
24. Vancouver, Lukas Kaspar
25. Ottawa, Carl Söderberg
26. NY Rangers (from Toronto), Dave Bolland
27. Washington (from Boston), Oscar Hedman
28. San Jose, Adam Berti
29. Tampa Bay, Johan Fransson
30. Washington (from Detroit), Evan McGrath

Comments?

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Good one. I read all of these, bet there's a bunch of people who do and never post about it. So keep on going, guys.

Anyway, as an Oil fan if this is the actual first round I'd be elated.

thestonedkoala

Minnesota most likely won't go defense again if you read the interviews.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
lowetide said:
Good one. I read all of these, bet there's a bunch of people who do and never post about it. So keep on going, guys.

Anyway, as an Oil fan if this is the actual first round I'd be elated.
Thanks, I enjoy reading them too. The Oilers will make out like bandits in this years draft if you ask me.

King Henry I said:
The Isles won't pass on Chipchura if they get the chance, although I personally would be overjoyed with Wes O'Niell. I think that he's the 3rd best defenseman in the draft, hands down. Green and Valabik aren't even near his level.
I originally had the Isles taking Chipchura, but thought that passing up on O'Neill would be absolutely crazy. I mean they could always make a trade and take Chipchura lower, but passing on O'Neill at 15, isn't an option for anybody.

thestonedkoala said:
Minnesota most likely won't go defense again if you read the interviews.
They didn't go for a dman in my interview, they took Wojtek Wolski.

thestonedkoala

Kay, I think it might be best for the Wild to move down if Wolski is there...I don't know.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
thestonedkoala said:
Kay, I think it might be best for the Wild to move down if Wolski is there...I don't know.
Not entirely sure here. I think Wolski is a perfect fit in Minnesota, adding a dimension, along with Gaborik, they could give Minny some offensive punch, not to mention Bouchard in there.

monster_bertuzzi said:
Fedz, the Canucks wont be taking a left winger like Kaspar, guaranteed.
I was thinking much the same, my guess is that if Burke is still at the helm, he selects either Hedman, or Bolland, I wasn't sure what to do, I choose IMO, the best offensive player available.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I think the Wild will go D this year. The articles may not say that but. According to articles we should have Blackburn instead of Koivu, and Stuart instead of Burns. The wild love to play games. If Oneil is there i think we will take him. Too many forwards in the system, PM, Koivu, Burns?, O'Sullivan, Gab, Wallin, Veilieux, Wanvig, with only Mickalek as a future D man, and is a small D man.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
MN_Gopher said:
I think the Wild will go D this year. The articles may not say that but. According to articles we should have Blackburn instead of Koivu, and Stuart instead of Burns. The wild love to play games. If Oneil is there i think we will take him. Too many forwards in the system, PM, Koivu, Burns?, O'Sullivan, Gab, Wallin, Veilieux, Wanvig, with only Mickalek as a future D man, and is a small D man.
Its definetely possible that if O'Neill is there, that he is taken by the Wild, although Wolski still being available at 12th Overall, and passing on him, is a little crazy. Especially for a team that lacks an offensive edge.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Captain Conservative said:
If Fransson is available at 27, I really hope that the Caps pick him up. He could replace a lot of Gonchars production from the back end in a few years.
True, he could, but Hedman is far superior of the two swedish born prospects.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Great mock. Ever consider making one with trades?

From a Montreal POV, Valabik would a good choice at #18. Looks like all the other upper tier "D" men will be gone by then (Barker, Thelen, O'Neill, Green).

If Picard is still on the board by the mid-teens, I think Gainey would be tempted to try and trade up to secure a Quebec-born scoring star.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
katodelder said:
Great mock. Ever consider making one with trades?

From a Montreal POV, Valabik would a good choice at #18. Looks like all the other upper tier "D" men will be gone by then (Barker, Thelen, O'Neill, Green).

If Picard is still on the board by the mid-teens, I think Gainey would be tempted to try and trade up to secure a Quebec-born scoring star.
I decided against trades for now, but I might do a 3 round mock with trades, in the middle of june, more towards the draft.

Barker, Thelen, O'Neill will all be gone by your pick, I can guarantee it. Green, well it all depends on what happens draft day.

And on the Picard subject, Im highly against it, you have great young scorers in Kostitsyn, Perezoghin, and Higgins. No Need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad