Confirmed Buy-Out Fedor Tyutin

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Can someone explain the staunch desire to get rid of Hartnell? Just trying to move that contract before it potentially becomes problematic? Had solid production, his advanced stats looked good, and still appeared to be an effective energy player whenever I watched him this year...

Expansion draft? Up front Columbus has Dubinsky, Foligno, Clarkson, and Hartnell with NMC's, and still left to protect is Saad, Atkinson, Jenner, Wennberg, Karlsson. Then on defense even with Tyutin gone they still have Johnson, Savard, Murray, and Jones.

Amazing how a seemingly mediocre team has or will have had the biggest expose list in the expansion draft.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He has slowed down a lot in the past 2 seasons. Regularly gets beat now on the rush.

He's a serviceable #6-7 guy. Good veteran presence. Problem was the $4.5 million AAV.

Good luck Tyutin. I'm sorry it had to come to this. No hard feelings.

Expansion draft? Up front Columbus has Dubinsky, Foligno, Clarkson, and Hartnell with NMC's, and still left to protect is Saad, Atkinson, Jenner, Wennberg, Karlsson. Then on defense even with Tyutin gone they still have Johnson, Savard, Murray, and Jones.

Amazing how a seemingly mediocre team has or will have had the biggest expose list in the expansion draft.
I'm assuming Hartnell and Clarkson will waive. That means Columbus protects (currently):
1. Foligno (NMC),
2. Dubinsky (NMC),
3. Saad,
4. Jenner,
5. Wennberg
6. Atkinson
7. Karlsson or someone else.

A lot can change this next year. Bjorkstrand could score 20 goals and become a "must protect," for instance.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Question. Has Tyutin's game actually fallen really far, or is he just overpaid? Will he catch on somewhere?

His foot speed is a fraction of what it was ~2 years ago.

He's a serviceable #6/7 guy. Good veteran presence and still has a decent left hand point shot. Just not worth $4.5 million AAV.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Is he still a serviceable bottom-pairing guy? Would have loved to seen him return to the Rangers, but the Holden deal probably nullifies that chance.

He probably could be, on the right team. What's hurt his chances is that he's slowed down. He still can see where to go most of the time, but has problems getting there fast enough to make any impact. And he still has once-in-a-blue-moon miscues, which can make things really ugly really fast. :(

If it helps, he would seem to be a great mentor for up-and-coming blueline kids. I wouldn't lean on him for any really significant minutes at this stage of his career, tho. I'd figured he'd last longer, but... :dunno:

Can someone explain the staunch desire to get rid of Hartnell? Just trying to move that contract before it potentially becomes problematic? Had solid production, his advanced stats looked good, and still appeared to be an effective energy player whenever I watched him this year...

His NMC is a mild concern at the expansion draft. Otherwise, we wouldn't mind keeping him.

* * *​
I'm assuming Hartnell and Clarkson will waive. That means Columbus protects (currently):
1. Foligno (NMC),
2. Dubinsky (NMC),
3. Saad,
4. Jenner,
5. Wennberg
6. Atkinson

A lot can change this next year. Bjorkstrand could score 20 goals and become a "must protect," for instance.

Bjorkstrand wouldn't be a "must protect" because he's exempt from selection. ;)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Bjorkstrand wouldn't be a "must protect" because he's exempt from selection. ;)

You're right, for some reason I thought this was going to be his 3rd season.

Still, a lot can change next season. Guys could move up or down in the "need to protect" list. I have us probably losing Johnson.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Question. Has Tyutin's game actually fallen really far, or is he just overpaid? Will he catch on somewhere?
Both. 4-5 years ago he was a solid top pairing D for us, and even 2 years ago he was a solid 2nd pairing guy. But he just skates slowly these days. I think a lot of teams would love to sign him for 1.5m or less though. Brings a lot of quality experience and leadership. Great guy. Just not worth 4.5m by any means.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
He has slowed down a lot in the past 2 seasons. Regularly gets beat now on the rush.

He's a serviceable #6-7 guy. Good veteran presence. Problem was the $4.5 million AAV.

Good luck Tyutin. I'm sorry it had to come to this. No hard feelings.

1. Foligno (NMC),
2. Dubinsky (NMC),
3. Saad,
4. Jenner,
5. Wennberg
6. Atkinson

Bjorkstrand would already be a must protect if we had to protect him, but we don't have to.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I mean his point isn't crazy. Guys with NMCs have every right to tell their team "no moving me." Literally.
No, but he makes it literally every single time it comes up in any thread, without regard to prior explanations or additional information.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
I didn't see this thread before I made one (buried in all the other talk), but this is a move that had to be done...especially having an NMC. This creates one less headache for expansion as well, and frees up space badly needed as well. How many more RFAs foes Columbus need to sign that could get one-way deals?

As for David Clarkson, if he doesn't finish next season injured, I expect that he will be bought out. (I wouldn't be surprised if Kekalainen tells Torts to bench Clarkson late next seson to preserve that buyout option.) His buyout doesn't look too bad if done after next season.

As for Tyutin...he will find a job in the NHL. His contract and NMC are why he was bought out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad