Confirmed Buy-Out Fedor Tyutin

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Does this mostly eliminate their need to move Hartnell or any other contract?

buttman*

They had to. Couldn't risk protecting him in expansion.

Some team will overpay for him.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Good move.

His cap-hit will stay on for 4 more seasons instead of 2 but it's a small amount each year.

Plus they couldn't go into the expansion draft with him as an auto-protect from his NMC.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Good move.

His cap-hit will stay on for 4 more seasons instead of 2 but it's a small amount each year.

Not that small.

CmInzHTXEAEhSFH.jpg:large

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If Lindell isn't ready for big minutes I wouldn't mind Dallas taking a flier on this guy.

It'd give Nuke another Russian on the team, at the very least. He liked rooming with Gonchar for the brief time he was in Dallas. :laugh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If Lindell isn't ready for big minutes I wouldn't mind Dallas taking a flier on this guy.

It'd give Nuke another Russian on the team, at the very least. He liked rooming with Gonchar for the brief time he was in Dallas. :laugh:

Tyutin is known as a great mentor.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
With the remaining crop of UFA D hitting the market being so unbelievably weak, this is probably not the worst thing that could happen for Tyutin.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Does this mostly eliminate their need to move Hartnell or any other contract?

"Need", yes. It takes the pressure off. Would still be nice to get additional cap relief, but it's no longer a must-do thing.

I would have loved to have kept him as a mentor, but he's not fast enough to keep up anymore and we couldn't afford the luxury. Too bad. :( Hopefully he lands on his feet elsewhere, 'cause he's been very good to us.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Is he still a serviceable bottom-pairing guy? Would have loved to seen him return to the Rangers, but the Holden deal probably nullifies that chance.

We're probably good now. But if we can move Hartnell we probably will.

Boll will just go to the minors

Can someone explain the staunch desire to get rid of Hartnell? Just trying to move that contract before it potentially becomes problematic? Had solid production, his advanced stats looked good, and still appeared to be an effective energy player whenever I watched him this year...

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Is he still a serviceable bottom-pairing guy? Would have loved to seen him return to the Rangers, but the Holden deal probably nullifies that chance.

Can someone explain the staunch desire to get rid of Hartnell? Just trying to move that contract before it potentially becomes problematic? Had solid production, his advanced stats looked good, and still appeared to be an effective energy player whenever I watched him this year...

The jackets have too many NMC contracts that are required to be protected as per expansion draft rules (Hartnell, Clarkson, Dubinsky, Foligno and Bobrovsky) as well as Tyutin but he was bought out. They would be ok with moving any of the NMC forwards I imagine so they have slots to protect Saad, Atkinson and younger emerging forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->