Fedor Tjutin or Ryan Whitney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
bruins4777 said:
I think potential is more tyutin at good 1/2, where whitney is outstanding norris #1. I think that one jump from no.1 to norris is pretty huge in my mind.

Outstanding Norris #1?

Like who? Orr?

Tyutin looks like a young Blake while Whitney looks like a stronger Leetch to me.

Who knows who will hit what potential, however.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Reveille! said:
He was amazing in the NHL and knows he is way too good for the AHL. There was no reason for him to be playing there which is why he left for Russia, where he has been playing solid against NHLers. I could care less about his AHL play as long as he brings it in the NHL, which he definately did.

Amazing ??? ... He was very solied for a rookie, but in no way is he "too good' for the AHL. He's certainly no better than Pitkanen, Bouwmeester, Spezza etc. etc.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
maybe people will jump on me for saying this, but it seems that sometimes russians aren't terribly thrilled with playing in the AHL. They'd like to be in the NHL or back in Russia, and see the AHL as a step down from either and somewhat "beneath" them. Tyutin and Kondratiev both seem to feel this way (though Kondratiev has seemed more vocal about it) and Semin actually skipped out on his assignment to the AHL to go back and play in Russia if I remember correctly.

My point being is that it doesn't seem like all Russians like playing in the AHL too much beyond proving they are ready and able to play in the NHL...after that they don't seem to put as much into their AHL play.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Levitate said:
maybe people will jump on me for saying this, but it seems that sometimes russians aren't terribly thrilled with playing in the AHL. They'd like to be in the NHL or back in Russia, and see the AHL as a step down from either and somewhat "beneath" them. Tyutin and Kondratiev both seem to feel this way (though Kondratiev has seemed more vocal about it) and Semin actually skipped out on his assignment to the AHL to go back and play in Russia if I remember correctly.

My point being is that it doesn't seem like all Russians like playing in the AHL too much beyond proving they are ready and able to play in the NHL...after that they don't seem to put as much into their AHL play.

Thats just an excuse, maybe whitney thinks he would be good enough for the NHL if their was one, so he isn't trying either, it can go both ways

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He does have a point though, to an extent. North American players aren't uprooting themselves from their cultures and loved ones to move halfway across the world to a land that is very different from what they are accustomed to.

I guess you could make a little bit of an argument for French Canadian players... but the culture difference isn't nearly as extreme. Plus they are generally surrounded by at least several of their fellow countrymen. European players are not often afforded even that little nugget of solace.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Thats just an excuse, maybe whitney thinks he would be good enough for the NHL if their was one, so he isn't trying either, it can go both ways

huh? my comment had nothing to do with whitney. I was just commenting on Tyutin's play in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->