So Fedorov is fired in the KHL, is there any chance he'll get job in the NHL?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Would be great to have Federov back in the national league but he’d likely have to spend some time in the A.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
There goes the speculation that Ilya Vorobyov is scouting for the Canucks.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Would be great to have Federov back in the national league but he’d likely have to spend some time in the A.
I was thinking an Associate coach behind an NHL bench.

Won back-to-back championships in the KHL but not renewed after this year's playoffs.

Certainly "outside the box" but is it worth a shot?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't CSKA get the pick of the crop? Is he actually a good coach or just gets the best players?

Reactions: DaveG and Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I was thinking an Associate coach behind an NHL bench.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't CSKA get the pick of the crop? Is he actually a good coach or just gets the best players?
Depends if Federov wants to be a head coach or not. In the A he’d be the boss. Don’t know if he’s an “assistant” coach kind of guy?

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
His team's playing style was kinda fun in u20s. Would be interesting.

Jokinen should def be on the map too

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Fedorov could get a job in the NHL anytime he wanted. I just doubt he'd get a head coaching job or any position well-paying enough to leave Russia. Normally guys sort of build their way up to the top gradually, but that's so much harder to do from another country.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Fedorov could get a job in the NHL anytime he wanted. I just doubt he'd get a head coaching job or any position well-paying enough to leave Russia. Normally guys sort of build their way up to the top gradually, but that's so much harder to do from another country.

Yeah, especially MSL did it...

Reactions: mattihp

Dec 29, 2004
Seems like none of these European types want to put in the work, they expect it handed to them and that is where they fail. Come, do the work required. Apprentice ... see what happens then. Putting in the work and paying your dues is the ticket to the big time. The real question here is does Fedorov have the ego to start from scratch, because no one over here gives a sh*t about some farmers league.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2004
Sergej Fjodorov

Coaches from the AHL and NCAA get NHL jobs all the time though?
Yeah, that would be a good place for a prospective Euro to start. Expecting to get handed a job at the highest level isn't the way to go about it, because it's not going to happen. At some point a Euro will come over here and 'play the game' and then we will see how it works out for them, hopefully well.

It'll be interesting to see who the first Euro to come over and give up the entitlement they have in their homeland to actually put in the work will be. You would think there would be a few, but there aren't, The term we use here is 'fat and happy'.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seems like none of these European types want to put in the work, they expect it handed to them and that is where they fail. Come, do the work required. Apprentice ... see what happens then. Putting in the work and paying your dues is the ticket to the big time. The real question here is does Fedorov have the ego to start from scratch, because no one over here gives a sh*t about some farmers league.

In this case "doing the work" means .... doing the same job he currently does in his home country, but now at a lower level of pay/prestige.

So that's not more entitled or lazy or whatever you're implying. It's just a downgrade that some coaches will reasonably and rationally not choose.

Reactions: zeeto

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Yeah, that would be a good place for a prospective Euro to start. Expecting to get handed a job at the highest level isn't the way to go about it, because it's not going to happen. At some point a Euro will come over here and 'play the game' and then we will see how it works out for them, hopefully well.

It'll be interesting to see who the first Euro to come over and give up the entitlement they have in their homeland to actually put in the work will be. You would think there would be a few, but there aren't, The term we use here is 'fat and happy'.
The AHL and the NCAA are inferior to both the KHL and the SHL. Might even be inferior to the NL these days. The NCAA are below most 2nd tier European leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad