Boston Bruins Feb 6th & 8th game against Sabres postponed

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
At least the Bs have 2 more games this week, then a game next Wed. Pretty normal number of games in a normal season for an 8 day period. After playing the Caps and Flyers twice each I am sure the Bs will appreciate the break to re-energize. Kudos to the NHL for being extra cautious with its policies so that there is a better chance of having some semblance of a season at all.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Two players is enough to cancel games nearly a week away?

Put them in quarantine and monitor the rest of the players. Cancel the next game or two... a game on Feb 8th?

As mentioned... why even have a taxi squad then.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Watching hockey again is so good for us but I have the fear that COVID19 could cause it to all shut down again.

I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins’ schedule reshuffled for the first time this season by COVID - The Boston Globe

The Bruins’ schedule will be shaken up for the first time this season because of the ripple effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Their matchups Saturday and Monday against Buffalo were postponed because two Sabres — Taylor Hall and Rasmus Ristolainen — are in the NHL’s COVID-19 protocols.
The Sabres had their game against the Islanders postponed Tuesday because the snowstorm that slammed the East Coast delayed their flight and they were unable to go through testing and contact tracing in time to play.
Buffalo’s COVID-19 cases arose after playing two games over the weekend against the Devils, who had 14 players placed on the league’s protocols list.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
68VjSo.gif

More Bruins hockey, please?

Reactions: FONZIE

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Any new info on Grzelcyk? (injury)

Did he have the 2nd PP wave when healthy?

I feel I should drop Giordano for him.

OEL is also available.

Your take?

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019

These canellations are making the Bruins schedule for March and April with 15 games each month. That's crazy!. Anymore cancelled games should be considered forfeited by the team causing the cancellation. Teams that abiding by the Covid 19 protocols shouldn't be punished by those teams that aren't keeping with the protocols. Just my opinion.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
These canellations are making the Bruins schedule for March and April with 15 games each month. That's crazy!. Anymore cancelled games should be considered forfeited by the team causing the cancellation. Teams that abiding by the Covid 19 protocols shouldn't be punished by those teams that aren't keeping with the protocols. Just my opinion.

So, you're saying that the Sabres should forfeit?

The Sabres followed protocol. They just played a team that was ravaged by COVID. The NHL postponed the Bruins/Sabres out of concern and it turns out the league was right to do so.

Just imagine if they didn't. We could very well be talking about a Bruins team paused because of COVID.

I'm sure every single player (and I'm surprised not all fans) is glad the games are postponed rather than taking the chance of being infected and spreading it themselves.

But this is not on the Sabres.

Reactions: OV and sooshii

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
even Binghamton(who's been temporarily relocated to Newark, btw) couldn't start their season because of this

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
So, you're saying that the Sabres should forfeit?

The Sabres followed protocol. They just played a team that was ravaged by COVID. The NHL postponed the Bruins/Sabres out of concern and it turns out the league was right to do so.

Just imagine if they didn't. We could very well be talking about a Bruins team paused because of COVID.

I'm sure every single player (and I'm surprised not all fans) is glad the games are postponed rather than taking the chance of being infected and spreading it themselves.

But this is not on the Sabres.
No I am not saying the Sabres should forfeit those games they have already been rescheduled. I am referring to if anymore games that are cancelled should be forfeited. No one team should pay for another team mistakes, that's all. I know it won't happen and it's just my opinion. The Bruins at this point have to play 30 games in March and April. That's a pretty heavy schedule during a pandemic.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
No I am not saying the Sabres should forfeit those games they have already been rescheduled. I am referring to if anymore games that are cancelled should be forfeited. No one team should pay for another team mistakes, that's all. I know it won't happen and it's just my opinion. The Bruins at this point have to play 30 games in March and April. That's a pretty heavy schedule during a pandemic.
you'd have a problem legally....

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Nope, they're absolutely not going to create conditions for automatic forfeiture, even if a single player blatantly violates COVID protocol - and I haven't heard anything about that being the case...yet. If players contract COVID under "natural" conditions (they have kids, they have families, etc.), it takes a hell of a lot of detective work to figure out who's to blame, if that's even possible.

Yeah, it kinda sucks for the Bruins to have packed schedules, but to say that this scenario is a complete surprise is a bit naive. Games were going to be cancelled and rescheduled at an unprecedented rate this season. I don't think the Bruins are special at all - if anything, our schedule has been one of the least compressed because we haven't had to shut down for a full week due to COVID on our own team. Our "shutdown" starts today, ends on Wednesday, and we can still choose to practice. And with baseball-style series schedule (albeit with a series length of just 2), there aren't as many "tired vs rested" matchups.

At some point, if postponements pile up, games are either going to have to be cancelled outright, or they're going to have to extend the season. Both are possible. There's no need to have a 56 game season - we played 48 just a few years ago. Divisions don't even have to play the same number of games - if the North stays COVID-free and plays the full 56 while the Central can only play 48, great. And while Japan insists that the Olympics are going to go on as scheduled this summer, I have my doubts. With no Olympics, NBC would be happy to extend the season for a week or two. Maybe 2021-22 starts a week later because of it, but that's not the end of the world.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Running clock

start early.
Play until street lights come on.

There's my childhood flashing before my eyes.

Eric, I hated hated hated the running clock when I was a kid. Some team is nursing a one goal lead and some kid pretends he's hurt or the coach starts purposefully wasting time and you're 'I just want to play, man.'

Wally, loved being at the outdoor rink under the lights. Also loved playing road hockey on hard snow in the middle of winter under the streetlights - except for those old bloody orange hockey balls would freeze and you'd take a slap shot off the inside of your thigh and barely be able to walk. So painful. I still have nightmares about those.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Four Bruins games rescheduled due to Sabres’ COVID-19 outbreak - The Boston Globe
The NHL on Saturday announced the rescheduling of multiple games affected by the Sabres’ COVID-19 outbreak, and four Bruins game were moved to later in the season, including Saturday’s and this coming Monday’s games with Buffalo. One game was moved ahead in the schedule. The games are:
- Feb. 6 vs. Buffalo moved to March 27 at 1 p.m.
- Feb. 8 vs. Buffalo moved to April 13 at 7 p.m.
- March 27 vs. New York Islanders moved to March 23 at 7 p.m.
- April 13 vs. vs. New York Islanders moved to April 14 at 6 p.m.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It was Hall and Ristolainen?

So like two of their three best players are out and we have to reshuffle the schedule and wait until they're back and healthy to play them? That's some BS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad