Boston Bruins Feb 6th & 8th game against Sabres postponed

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins-Sabres Games on Feb. 6 and 8 Postponed

NEW YORK (Feb. 2, 2021) - The National Hockey League announced today that Buffalo Sabres games have been postponed at least through Feb. 8 as a result of two Players entering the NHL's COVID Protocols. The decision was made by the League's, NHLPA's and Club's medical groups, who determined that more caution was warranted while the League continues to analyze test results in the coming days.
The Bruins were scheduled to visit Buffalo on Saturday, Feb. 6, before hosting the Sabres on Monday, Feb. 8. Both of those games have been postponed.

Richard Lather

Jan 28, 2020
Honestly surprised that it took this long for games to start getting postponed. Hopefully it doesn't become too frequent.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Doubleheader games day/night with two 20 minute periods per game

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Surprising this is announced 4 days out I'd think they'd try and retest everyone on the 5th before calling them.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
That’s all it takes is 2 players?

Could be not just positive tests, but exposures too. I imagine if Player A tests positive and is deemed to have exposed Player B to COVID (nearby stalls, same practice group, roomates, etc.), then Player B might be presumed positive until he has a certain number of negative tests after a certain number of days from the exposure. I think it takes 4 days after exposure to pop up as positive, but you still can infect people on days 1-3 while you test negative but actually have positive.

The Bruins are separating Rask and Halak as much as possible for that exact reason. If Rask gets COVID, Halak should be protected, and vice versa.

We could still have a game Saturday - just not against BUF. NYR had their away game against NJD postponed for COVID, too. They could come here, play Sat/Mon here, and then both teams travel to NYR to play there for two games. It's 4 games in a row against the same team, but flexibility is key. It would cause Monday's NYR@NYI to be postponed, but NYR/NYI/NJD should be fairly easy to reschedule if they ever have to play against each other.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
That’s all it takes is 2 players?
My guess is it's more than 2. Probably only 2 confirmed right now, but they had "contact tracing issues" related to delayed travel to Long Island because of the storm. Two players probably went rogue, then got around the rest of the team today, thus potentially exposing everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad