Feb 3, 2005: As of today, do you think the season will be cancelled?

• Thread starter I Hate You All*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
For the sake of the game of hockey, I can only hope it will be cancelled.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So everyone is on the "season's back on " bandwagon it seems...

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
417 TO MTL said:
So everyone is on the "season's back on " bandwagon it seems...
Heh. I've been optimistic throughout the entire year. I've been tired of the gloom and doom attitudes that EVERYONE seemed to have.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
MykeAbner said:
Heh. I've been optimistic throughout the entire year. I've been tired of the gloom and doom attitudes that EVERYONE seemed to have.

Good, cause despite what the poll suggest (although it's tightened up a bit) there's only a few posters here who thought the season would be saved

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I was probably one of the biggest optimists out there... Everyone I knew wanted to smack some sense into me. I now join the ranks of the fleeting pessimists... These guys don't care about the game that they built their lives around to play, or to coach, or to whatever. They are blinded by multi-million dollar contracts and royalties.

This reminds me of the Lord of the Rings. The greed is just too much to bear.

Last edited:

Crows*

The annonomys owner thing is such BS.

There will be a board of govenors meeting before it's canceled.

It's not like we didn't know it would be canceled soon anyway.

Garbage.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
I've said alll along that there will be a deal, but only at the last possible moment. We're getting mighty close now...

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
The anonymous owner thing is a ploy. It's just to put pressure on the NHLPA, why would an owner break the gag order like that for such a meaningless statement? We all know the season would be cancelled soon if there was no deal.

MykeAbner

Feb 2, 2005
Sam I Am said:
I've said alll along that there will be a deal, but only at the last possible moment. We're getting mighty close now...
Yeah. I've assumed all along that since the lockout started, it would last until the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND.

Strazzobosco

Dec 6, 2004
Fairfax, VA
I forgot who posted it, but these aren't my words. The owners will only cancel till the very last physical moment so they'll get to keep the season tickets money (ie not refund them) the longest possible, to edge every single interest point out of them.
They'll offically cancel it in March.
otherwise, it's already cancelled.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
dumitru123 said:
I forgot who posted it, but these aren't my words. The owners will only cancel till the very last physical moment so they'll get to keep the season tickets money (ie not refund them) the longest possible, to edge every single interest point out of them.
They'll offically cancel it in March.
otherwise, it's already cancelled.

Interest rates are next to nothing and these guys are billionaires. Plus how many people actually renewed anyway? I doubt they really are waiting till the end to get a few days extra interest money.

Roger's Pancreas*

It's done for this year and maybe more, the talks have gone nowhere.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My belief from the beginning is that someone will cave at the last possible minute, and nothing has happened to change that.

There's just too much money set to be lost on both sides if the season in cancelled completely (plus no hockey till next January probably). Someone will crack. There seems to be a ton of pressure on the NHLPA right now from frustrated players, and I suspect they'll be forced to eat their words and take some form of cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->