CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I would be totally fine these forward lines once everyone is healthy:

Tlusty/E Staal/Semin
Skinner/J Staal/(Dwyer/Dalpe)
Bowman/Nash/(Dwyer/Dalpe)
Wallace/Brent/Nodl

Sorry to all those who disagree. I just don't think Jokinen is cutting it this year and has been on the decline for a few years now. LaRose, I can't even begin to say how much I would like him to be off the canes (His "good" games are too few and far between and only happen, as far as I am concerned, because other players make him look better, i.e. E Staal). He does have some "intangibles" and does have the work ethic, but I believe we can find this in someone else who has a higher scoring ability.

We can trade both of these guys for something we absolutely need: a good stay at home defenseman.

Edit: These lines are for this year and don't take into consideration any return of Ruutu

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Don't get me wrong, I've been a critic and a fan of Chad's. I find him incredibly frustrating. He's just not skilled enough to spend consistent time in the top 6. He's a solid 3rd liner or a great 4th liner. I just think that the youngsters are proving their mettle. We could easily field lines of:

Tlusty/EStaal/Semin
Bowman/JStaal/Dwyer or Dalpe (and I'd really like to see Dalpe here)
Jokinen/Nash/Dalpe or Dwyer (and I'd prefer Dwyer here)
Wallace/Welsh/LaRose

1st line continues as lethal. 2nd line has two very capable scorers (if Dalpe) and a defensively responsible Bowman (I'm okay w/Dwyer there too because of his speed and hockey sense, plus he as a bit of finishing capability). 3rd line is also a scoring line in that scenario. I don't want to be too harsh on the Juice; he's playing a lot of different roles and he's just been having trouble finding the net. If this were a regular length season, I think he's more of a scoring factor for us.

But again, I'll yield to Muller because he's got the guys playing pretty well.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We should have this thread locked and move all discussion the the GDT. Would make it easier to have the discussions IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad