Injury Report: Feb. 21: Updates To Giroux, Couturier, Mason, Medvedev, Weal

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
giphy.gif

kingjmusicman

Jan 4, 2016
Kudos to the Flyers trainers and medical staff who let him back on the ice in the 3 on 3. Apparently you have to have CTE yourself before you can determine if somebody was concussed. Clowns.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Tbf, and to play devils advocate, we do not technically 'know' if he is concussed.

Brent Burns missed a few games a few years ago due to problems with him gums after taking a puck to the face.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
And McDonagh apparently isn't concussed.

It sucks and the PK hit really should've been a penalty, but the playoffs went up in smoke already. Sit G out till after the deadline to be safe and showcase Gagner.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I hope he isn't out long because I want him to beat Patrick Kane for the points in the last 5 years. Also, I want him healthy as he is my favorite player.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
BSchenn also missed one game this season with what many assumed was concussion, but was actually a shoulder injury after falling awkwardly.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I hope he isn't out long because I want him to beat Patrick Kane for the points in the last 5 years. Also, I want him healthy as he is my favorite player.

So long as he is only out a couple of games he should still do it:

Kane: 13 points to overtake (21 games left)
Crosby: 14 points to overtake (25 games left)
Malkin: 17 points to overtake (25 games left)
Ovechkin: 18 points to overtake (26 games left)

If Giroux gets 'just' to 70 points. (21 more in ~22-24 if only a few games out... which is below/at the pace he has played at since ~game 12)

Kane would need 117 points to get past him. (34 in 21 games)
Crosby would need 90 points to get past him. (35 in 25 games)
Malkin would need 87 points to get past him. (32 in 25 games or less, as injured atm)
Ovechkin would need 90 points to get past him. (39 in 26 games)

Crosby is actually probably the bigger threat now if Giroux misses only a few. The other 3 are probably extremely unlikely now.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Kudos to the Flyers trainers and medical staff who let him back on the ice in the 3 on 3. Apparently you have to have CTE yourself before you can determine if somebody was concussed. Clowns.

It was pretty obvious last night that Giroux was not well at the end of the game and OT. I thought the NHL had a concussion protocol.

I'm assuming no review of Subban's cheapshot will take place. Colon's wheel of justice at play again.

If he has a concussion for sure, then shut him down for a month. We can't afford any long term damage chasing a playoff spot that isn't going to be there.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How the **** was the hit not penalized? If it was Gudas it would have been 5 and a game.

Why the **** does McCrossin have a job?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Seems like there have been several non-penalized clear penalty plays against flyers players this year that resulted in games missed from effects.

Yup. Couturier. VandeVelde. Giroux.

All blatant head shots resulting in concussions that went un-penalized.

**** all refs and the DoPS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->