Injury Report: Feb. 21: Michael Del Zotto to have wrist surgery (Feb. 26); out 3-to-4 months

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
I'm sure it's been said numerous times already, but we have to be psyched about how he turned out. Did anyone think MDZ was going to be anything more than a band aid pick up? Sure, everyone knew he had talent, but this is about as fortunate an outcome as one could want.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I'm sure it's been said numerous times already, but we have to be psyched about how he turned out. Did anyone think MDZ was going to be anything more than a band aid pick up? Sure, everyone knew he had talent, but this is about as fortunate an outcome as one could want.

I actually called it. I just...well, I just knew. It felt right.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I actually called it. I just...well, I just knew. It felt right.

I actually had a feeling he would do well too. I dont think I was posting here yet though, so I cannot provide proof lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I just saw him at a school on The Orange Line show on CSN and the cast and sling on his left arm are huge. I guess they need to make sure there's no pressure on the wrist post surgery.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009

totally agreed ..... we sure lucked out ... i bet NYR wish they had him ....

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
MDZ is the classic 18 yr old Dman brought up too soon. He had a great year and is really missed.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The reason he's good for us is the adversity. Without it he stays the immature player the Rangers dumped. Lucky for us our GM gave him a chance and our coaches gave him the opportunity and direction he needed

The Seguin effect, if you will.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007

There are so many variables (wrong coach, lack of patience, wrong environment etc.).

The biggest problem is that both NYR and Nashville gave up on him as such a young age (for a dman). I know there were attitude / character issues, but not every 21 / 22 year old can handle being a millionaire. I think MDZ figured the Flyers were his last chance before he really got exiled from playing in the NHL and pulled himself together along with perhaps some good teammate / management / coaching mentoring.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
There are so many variables (wrong coach, lack of patience, wrong environment etc.).

The biggest problem is that both NYR and Nashville gave up on him as such a young age (for a dman). I know there were attitude / character issues, but not every 21 / 22 year old can handle being a millionaire. I think MDZ figured the Flyers were his last chance before he really got exiled from playing in the NHL and pulled himself together along with perhaps some good teammate / management / coaching mentoring.

His quotes about his confidence really show the situation. When he was in the doghouse and on 1 year deals he was afraid to make mistakes thinking he'd be benched. Now he knows he can play his game and make plays, without fear of being exiled for 1 mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad