Injury Report: Feb. 21: Michael Del Zotto to have wrist surgery (Feb. 26); out 3-to-4 months

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Really puts a damper on the trade deadline. Can't really afford to move Shultz, streit or Medvedev. Unless hextall is ready to give Morin, Hagg or Alt a go. This is a huge blow for the shape of the team deadline day and next year.

Just don't see much desire for any of them at the draft. All really are just rentals or bridges for teams.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think it gives Hextall more of a reason to be a seller at the deadline. It's easier to explain to guys like Giroux & Voracek who signed big deals recently that the playoffs just isn't in the cards without your top defensemen this year if it wasn't already.

Can't wait for Adam Comrie to man the top PP unit with the Phantoms tonight. :laugh:

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Really puts a damper on the trade deadline. Can't really afford to move Shultz, streit or Medvedev. Unless hextall is ready to give Morin, Hagg or Alt a go. This is a huge blow for the shape of the team deadline day and next year.

Just don't see much desire for any of them at the draft. All really are just rentals or bridges for teams.

We still have MacDonald. Without MDZ there are still seven d-men on the roster since MacD got called up.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We had Manning, Alt, & Lauridsen in the lineup at one point last year due to injuries & trades. It was against SJ, Manning played over 20 minutes that game & absolutely got torched. :laugh:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Don't think this has may bearing on trading Schultz or Streit. If they can find a suitor, those 2 would be gone in an instant.

Welcome back A Mac, let's see if we can make use of him. We're he and Ghost partners in ahl ?

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Don't think this has may bearing on trading Schultz or Streit. If they can find a suitor, those 2 would be gone in an instant.

Welcome back A Mac, let's see if we can make use of him. We're he and Ghost partners in ahl ?
Yes

MacDonald - Ghost
Schultz - Streit
Medvedev - Gudas
Manning

?

It could be worse, I guess.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
We still have MacDonald. Without MDZ there are still seven d-men on the roster since MacD got called up.

Ya, but say streit is traded. Do you really want d of amac, manning, ghost, Shultz, Gudas and medvedev if we are a bubble team.

I guess reading that back. There is nothing positive. At all.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Ya, but say streit is traded. Do you really want d of amac, manning, ghost, Shultz, Gudas and medvedev if we are a bubble team.

I guess reading that back. There is nothing positive. At all.

Good news: We're no longer a bubble team.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah they were falling out of it to begin with but now have a top four defender that they were using as their #1 out for a while on top of one of their top 6 center's out. The Flyers don't have the depth to combat that right now.

I think Hextall's smart enough of a guy to know when the plug needs to be pulled. The pressure he has to answer to when going about such an action (fans, owners, players, etc.) shouldn't really be much of factor to continue course at this point.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yes

MacDonald - Ghost
Schultz - Streit
Medvedev - Gudas
Manning

?

It could be worse, I guess.

Not having Mac on the team at all, then immediately throwing him on the top pairing does seem like something this team would do.

Get well soon MDZ. Don't strain your wrist on Twitter.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Not having Mac on the team at all, then immediately throwing him on the top pairing does seem like something this team would do.

Get well soon MDZ. Don't strain your wrist on Twitter.

I know, but there really is no one better on the team. None of the other defenders are #1 quality either. It doesn't matter who gets put there

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Really puts a damper on the trade deadline. Can't really afford to move Schultz, streit or Medvedev. Unless hextall is ready to give Morin, Hagg or Alt a go. This is a huge blow for the shape of the team deadline day and next year.

Heck, I'd move all three of them in one deal tomorrow if someone would take them.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Doesn't change a thing heading towards the decline. Stat with streit and work anything else out that don't belong.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Too bad about MDZ. Now AMac will come up, be playing above where he should be, and will get exposed.

Hextall knows we are sellers and will do what he can to keep adding picks. I wonder if Meds will be the one benched.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Streit is declining fast. They need to move him before he becomes nothing more than a cap hit.

With Ghost's emergence he is certainly expendable, even if he does get back to last year's form.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Streit looks real bad. Sucks, I was hoping we could move him, maybe with an expiring contract at the TDL next year. But no way he goes this year.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Streit isn't playing badly at all. He's not getting the PP time he needs to score lots of points, but ever since he returned from injury he's played 20 minutes a game and improved his possession stats despite getting fairly hard minutes alongside Schultz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad