Injury Report: Feb. 10: Shayne Gostisbehere, practiced, could play in early March (Nov. 8, torn ACL)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hextall gave a rough estimate that he could be back mid-February if everything goes as planned.

He's been skating a few times a week these past couple of weeks but it's nothing more than aerobic type exercises.

RJ8812*

over-reactive Flyers fans: "NOOOO! It's too soon! Get him off the ice! Shut him down for the season!!!!!!"

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I trust the Flyers medical staff as far as I can throw them... but:

a. We know it was 'only' a partial tear.

b. I have had a partial ACL tear.

Honestly, I was back playing Water polo and rugby round about now after mine (slightly more than 2 months)... now every partial tear is different, but this recovery of Gostisbehere is pretty much standard for that kind of injury. People see 'ACL tear' and it has such a rep as an injury they worry too much, especially in the case of partial tears, which are really a different injury in terms of how bad the injury is and the recovery time.

If he has no instability around the knee at this point it is a successful recovery to this stage.

Cousins27

Sep 26, 2013
What flyers media have failed to pick up on was that it was a partial tear. The partial tear is a saving grace. The surgery isnt a complete knee reconstruction. These idiots think hes making some miracolous recovery. Hes gonna get a good amt of games in. Its going to be good for his development.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Even if he doesn't come back till March the Phantoms have plentyof games left.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
What flyers media have failed to pick up on was that it was a partial tear. The partial tear is a saving grace. The surgery isnt a complete knee reconstruction. These idiots think hes making some miracolous recovery. Hes gonna get a good amt of games in. Its going to be good for his development.

Yeh, it is amazing that it was reported so sparsely that it was partial... only Meltzer did I reckon. (though not really that surprised, the press around the Flyers are completely hopeless apart from a few.)

The surgery is minimally invasive... heck, if he was a normal joe he would have probably chosen/been forced not to have surgery and spend 6 weeks in rehab instead.

It is a different injury really!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If he plays well in his return the World Championships with Team USA could potentially be a possibility as well.

He should have been on the team last year, but they already took 4 kids from that 2013 WJ team and he was just signing his ELC.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He should have been on the team last year, but they already took 4 kids from that 2013 WJ team and he was just signing his ELC.

They seemingly had a pretty good turnout for their defensive core last year. I'm not sure that will happen this year as Jones, Trouba, DeKeyser, & Gardiner might not be available this go around.

Mayo Masseuse

Tinariwen Riddum
May 16, 2010
The Dunes of Neptune
Yeh, it is amazing that it was reported so sparsely that it was partial... only Meltzer did I reckon. (though not really that surprised, the press around the Flyers are completely hopeless apart from a few.)

The surgery is minimally invasive... heck, if he was a normal joe he would have probably chosen/been forced not to have surgery and spend 6 weeks in rehab instead.

It is a different injury really!

Agreed. Assuming he had ACL aug. surgery then this time table makes sense. I am also going to agree that I hardly trust the medical staff but feel they are taking the extra precautions. So, kudos to them.

I am giddy to see him on the ice. I have tickets to two games in March.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
over-reactive Flyers fans: "NOOOO! It's too soon! Get him off the ice! Shut him down for the season!!!!!!"

Just about the same feedback as when he was first called up. Everyone is super-cautious because so much is at stake.

Next year will be nerve-wrecking with Morin possibly making the roster and Ghost going up and down again. If they don't hit immediately, the sky will be falling.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
According the hextall and the twitters, Ghost will resume playing late February or early March. He has been practicing but as a non contact player.

He says he is a little behind on his timetable because he has to build strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->