Injury Report: Feb. 10: Shayne Gostisbehere, practiced, could play in early March (Nov. 8, torn ACL)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Philly.com has more information:

MONTREAL - Shayne Gostisbehere's surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee could not have gone better, Flyers general manager Ron Hextall said.

Hextall said it was "only the ACL" that was affected.

"Sometimes there are other elements involved, but there was nothing else," Hextall said before Saturday's game in Montreal. "The information was as good as we could have gotten."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...re_surgery_goes_well.html#7IvD7SwuSDtsBdd6.99

Mayo Masseuse

Tinariwen Riddum
May 16, 2010
The Dunes of Neptune
I really hope they don't **** this up. My confidence in the Flyers medical staff wanes already. When they say 3.5 months for an injury typically requiring 6 months minimum in most other sports, well, now I am concerned for Ghost.

Maybe he only needed ACL augmentation surgery. But the recommended recovery time for this is also minimum 6 months.

I would much rather Ghost miss the season and return to full training this summer than return too soon. Sure he misses development time, but at least his knee is given the appropriate amount of time to regain strength & stability.

Maybe he's a freak of nature and has wolverine somewhere up in his bloodline.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
I can't see the Flyers risking ANYTHING here with this kid's career, they're not playoff bound so I can't imagine them rushing him back..... no reason to. They lucked out with the severity of the injury. :nod:

Even if they are contending for a playoff spot in March, it shouldn't effect Ghost and his recovery in the slightest. He's gotten some NHL playing time already, and it's evident he still needs a lot more time in the AHL.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Meltzer says it was a partial tear in his blog...

Can't believe no other media outlets have said that... there is a pretty big difference between a partial tear and a full one! Almost a different injury.

Though the recovery time kind of confirmed that for us I suppose.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Here we see McCrossin going to attend to Ghost's knees, which need to have their humours balanced, biles drained, and leeches massaged.

grev_medico1_w.jpg

Cousins27

Sep 26, 2013
Way to fast. Had to have been a partial tear? Our beat writers arent capable of getting us that information.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Hextall is on video here with the conversation Tim P had with Gostisbehere.

"He's a month post-surgery..." "I talked with him about your (Tim P.) conversation." "I don't know whether he said it wrong or you (Tim P.) misunderstood."

http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=697222

-------------------------------------------------------

Hextall says Shayne Gostisbehere is on schedule with his recovery from Nov. 7 ACL surgery. Hextall believes he will play again this year.

Source: Wayne Fish

Last edited:

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Whoa. I guess they were serious about him possibly playing again this season.

Ghost may resume skating next week, Hexy says.
11:36am - 20 Dec 14

Source: Sam Carchidi

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad