Fears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2004
I have been a member of this board for some time. I have been here since the beginning of the whole lockout. I am not a pessimist.

Now that I have those basic facts stated, here is my point.

I really want to believe that a deal is in place and they are just crossing the t's and dotting the i's. But all this hoopla reminds me a lot of what happened this past february, when everyone here was saying the season would be cancelled and was very optimistic.

The same stuff is happening now. People are saying that a deal is around the corner, a deal is happening very soon, a lot of that. But as the days go by without an actual announcement of a deal, I am beginning to find it hard to believe that there is going to be one in the near future.

Thoughts? Agreements, disagreements?

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Before, there was really no evidence to suggest there would be an agreement in a matter of days. We all took the medias word for it. Nothing substantiated from that and we were basically duped.

This time, it's clear as day that this thing is all but over.

tmangos

Jul 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
leafs4thecup said:
... I am not a pessimist ...
There was no need to say that part. We can all tell by your user name you are quite an optimist! ;)
BTW, save a seat for me when our beloved Leafs parade the cup down Bay Street.

Feb 24, 2004
tm said:
There was no need to say that part. We can all tell by your user name you are quite an optimist! ;)

I dream

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
tm said:
A seat? how about a wheelchair? by the time the Leafs win a cup you'll need one to get there! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad