Fear and panic take over HFBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Yep. Kölzig just gets a little rest. The games on Saturday and Sunday against Switzerland & Italy are much more important than the game against Canada since we'll lose against Canada anyways.

Germany's goal is the 4th place and a loss to Canada won't really affect that. Kölzig needs to be as sharp as he has been today and 4 games in 5 days isn't easy.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
MAF said:
Yep. Kölzig just gets a little rest. The games on Saturday and Sunday against Switzerland & Italy are much more important than the game against Canada since we'll lose against Canada anyways.

Germany's goal is the 4th place and a loss to Canada won't really affect that. Kölzig needs to be as sharp as he has been today and 4 games in 5 days isn't easy.

Last time around Germany played a very good game vs Canada.
Why not to aim at a tie?

you never know

khy206

Nov 26, 2005
sabresrat said:
I don't think they have much to worry about. Many people thought Vokoun should be starting ahead of Hasek anyways.

1. Sens fans worry Hasek.

2. Czech fans worry too not because Vokoun isn't capable but they might have to play him every single game. This Olympic has very tight schedule.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
How are you even comparing the initial reactions to the Canada, Czech Republic, and Russia games to the ones seen when the United States of America tied Latvia?

If criticism and concern isn't warranted when Team USA is going into the third period losing to Latvia, then I really don't know when it is. First day of the tournament or not.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
I almost wanted Sweden to play a bad game against Kazahkstan. It seems that every time they start a tournament good, they end up sucking at the end.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
When Italia scored that first goal

the BBC showed a shot of the Canadian bench and I could have sworn I saw a players say

"****, the game started----why didn't I get my walk up call"

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Ovechkin_mvp said:
Last time around Germany played a very good game vs Canada.
Why not to aim at a tie?

you never know
Why not give Greiss a chance ?

He struggled the first 10 minutes, but then had a very good game. Remember that this was just his 3rd game in the National dress...

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
Jazz said:
I have a dream......

I'm waiting for a day when 3 to 4 of today's Elite 7 (CAN, CZE, FIN, RUS, SWE, SVK, and USA) do not make the QF round of a tournament....

A lot of fans from those countries will be freaking out, but if there are more elite nations in hockey (up from today's 7) then the hockey world will be better overall! :handclap:

That day will come right around the same day i'll step on the Moon, which is probably right about NEVER!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->