FC's Preliminary Ranking for 2012

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Aaron Vickers, Jul 17, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Aaron Vickers

Aaron Vickers FC Hockey

Managing Editor, FC Hockey
    Home Page:
    As part of FC's 2011 NHL Entry Draft Guide, we included our preliminary ranking for the 2012 draft. Last week we released it to our blog.

Full top-60 is here: http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wordpress.com/2011/07/09/fc-releases-preliminary-ranking-for-2012/

For fun, here's our preliminary list for 2011. Amazing to see the shuffle of players as some had great years, others had good years and others struggled: http://futureconsiderationsdotca.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/2011_shows_promise/

2. urho

urho Registered User

Määttä at #27? He should be higher. It'll be interesting to see what happens to his ratings when he goes to play overseas... Finns usually don't have the most promising examples of that (for example Rajala...).

3. thomast

thomast Registered User

Watched few games off yakupov n grigorenko play together and grigorenko looked Better overall player with Better production. European players get alot underrated here. Yakupov has great intensity tho.

4. Varlamov better have been worth it.

(I think he was)

5. Roof Daddy

Roof Daddy Registered User

You're kinda going out on a limb to have Reilly over Reinhart.

Would love to see the Oil make some strides next year and still be able to land him.

6. djscooter

djscooter Registered User

I'd honestly be surprised to see Kristoff Kontos drafted at all, never mind in the top 60. I don't see much of a premium on perimeter players, who are terrible skaters and handle the puck like its a grenande.

On the same note Campagna is going to really need to decide to show some effort if he wants to go in the top 60. Was a huge disappointment this year imo.

7. Dread Clawz

Dread Clawz LAWSonic Boom

In the games I saw him in, it looked like effort was one thing you definitely didn't have to question with campagna. Id put him in the top 60. Could it be he was just inconsistent?

8. djscooter

djscooter Registered User

Maybe effort was not the right way to put it. I just found most of the year he never wanted the puck on his stick and never really tried to create much.

9. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Global Moderator

Awards:
    Is Collberg generally ranked that low? I'd be surprised if he's not considered as at least a top 15-20 pick by the end of the year..

He was 8th in league scoring this year with 44 points (21+23) in 35 games in the top junior league in Sweden. Also played 5 games in the SEL (although he got very little ice time).. Not bad for a 16/17 year old. I think he'll turn some heads this season..

10. XO

XO Registered User

Filip Forsberg in top 10 :nod:

11. scoutman1

scoutman1 Twitter - scoutman33

Home Page:
    Dillon Fournier not in the top 60 and he will probably get 1st round looks is just a BIG miss on this drafts part, and a BIG BIG miss on Dominic Poulin not being in the top 60, and would like to know why you ranked Collberg so low everyone sees things different but if he isn't considred 1st round material right now it is just nuts, plus Maatta at this moment would have to be thought of as top 10 talent at the moment.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  12. xIsle

xIsle Registered User

Do you remember the ranking of Ryan Strome in your preliminary list last year?