FC's Christmas Top 60 Rankings.

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Cup, Dec 26, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. DanStewart

DanStewart Registered User

Just in time for 'the most wonderful time of the year', the World Junior Championships!

Rest of the FC top 60 Rankings.

Leave your comments, questions and thoughts for open discussion.

Also, while on the FC blog click on the "2011 NHL Entry Draft" link in Catagories on the left side of the page for some other fresh '11 NHL draft and WJC content.

2. txomisc

txomisc Registered User

self-employed
    Home Page:
    seems like they think more highly than some others do of the 2nd tier defensemen. 8 of their top 15 are dmen where it generally seems like most are projecting only 3 or 4

3. The Podium

The Podium Registered User

Doubt Michael St. Croix drops to 44. He is a first round talent just a little undersized. Probably would go anywhere between 25-35

4. BobbyRyan9

BobbyRyan9 Let's Go Bruins!

Surprised to see Nathan Beaulieu as high as he his. He's a very complete and solid defensemen for his age, but I don't see anything that warrants him being picked this high in the draft. When you draft a defensemen as high as 13th overall, you have certain expectations, such as eventually becoming atleast a top four defensemen. I think it is a bit of a stretch that Beaulieu develops into this type of defensemen in the NHL.

On the other side, I'm surprised at how low Xavier Ouellet is at 50th. He might be tad behind the skill level of Beaulieu right now, but I think Ouellet has the potential to be a much better defensemen. Realistically, I think Ouellet should go in either the late first round or early second.

5. The Hulk

The Hulk ....

I don't know if you watch the same Beaulieu as i do but i definitely see him becoming a top 4 d man. 13 might be a stretch but i'd say 15 to 20 is quite reasonable

6. Mountainside

Mountainside Registered User

I don't see it in Beaulieu.. never really have.. I find him to be quite overrated. He's definitely got good skill but in my viewings what I question is the brains.

I wouldn't use a first on him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him slip deep into the second.

To be honest I prefer his teammate Kevin Gagne.. will never have the draft/pro pedigree of Beaulieu, but a really slick skater, just too small to cut it in the pros.

7. Nullus Reverentia

Nullus Reverentia Hic Sunt Dracones

Helium-3 Space Pirate
    Shocked and I mean shocked to see Mayfield top 10 and Clendening top 15. Mayfields a first round talent IMO but I can't see Clendening going above the second round at this point.

8. BobbyRyan9

BobbyRyan9 Let's Go Bruins!

He may end up filling that role, but I don't think it's as likely as someone like Xavier Ouellet. I have Beaulieu pegged more as a third pairing defensemen, but he could end up surpassing this. I just think NHL teams are hoping for a really high end defensemen at the thirteenth pick: look at Fowler, Myers and Gormley recently. I don't see Beaulieu being a high end defensemen in the NHL, but I think he has an honest shot at becoming a solid defensemen.

9. DanStewart

DanStewart Registered User

This is exactly the type of defender we see Beaulieu at the next level. A top four two-way defender with some physical grit to his game.