Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
120920.gif

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
So with the controversy over removing the Michael Jackson episode, I went ahead and got my favorite seasons collected. Been watching season 1 and is this the most underrated season? So many people start with Season 2 for the great years, but season 1 has iconic episodes.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So with the controversy over removing the Michael Jackson episode, I went ahead and got my favorite seasons collected. Been watching season 1 and is this the most underrated season? So many people start with Season 2 for the great years, but season 1 has iconic episodes.

There's too much in Season 1 that just doesn't work for me. Homer's Walter Matthau voice, the inconsistent characterizations, the really rough animation, the less biting humor, etc.

That's not to say there aren't some good episodes, but it's not enough for me to worry about not having that season on DVD (I have 2-13)

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
the problem with season one, parts of season two, and a small amount of season three was that the characters hadn't rounded into what really made them funny. Homer makes me laugh ten times more once he mellows and does't get angry at >50% of all interactions with his family. Bart goes from the chronic underachiever to deriving much more humor at his own expense, or by being ridiculously out of character. Marge grows all these personality quirks that humanize her much more. Lisa become cynical and the only family member who can really do dry humor. Maggie stopped existing just to fall over.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster
Sep 19, 2008
Larry is one of the best single-episode characters ever in Simpsons history

List

Hank Scorpio
Larry Burns
Frank Grimes
Rex Banner
Cecil Terwilliger

"Guess who?"
"Maris?"

"And yes, i'm planning to blow the dam up, with you inside."

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
the problem with season one, parts of season two, and a small amount of season three was that the characters hadn't rounded into what really made them funny. Homer makes me laugh ten times more once he mellows and does't get angry at >50% of all interactions with his family. Bart goes from the chronic underachiever to deriving much more humor at his own expense, or by being ridiculously out of character. Marge grows all these personality quirks that humanize her much more. Lisa become cynical and the only family member who can really do dry humor. Maggie stopped existing just to fall over.

Well sure, but I see people treat it like zombie Simpsons and it's certainly not that awful like anything after season 9(although really showing in season 7 onward).

There's too much in Season 1 that just doesn't work for me. Homer's Walter Matthau voice, the inconsistent characterizations, the really rough animation, the less biting humor, etc.

That's not to say there aren't some good episodes, but it's not enough for me to worry about not having that season on DVD (I have 2-13)

Wait you're willing to own 10-13 but not 1?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

List

Hank Scorpio
Larry Burns
Frank Grimes
Rex Banner
Cecil Terwilliger

"Guess who?"
"Maris?"

Love Frasier. One of my favourite shows. David Hyde Pierce is so awesome and loved the way he and Kelsey just carried the chemistry over to the Simpsons.

I've been in prison Cecil. I'll be happy just as long as it doesn't taste like orange drink fermented under a radiator.

That would be the Latour then.

You wanted to be Krusty's sidekick since you were five. What about the buffoon lessons, the four years at clown college. "

I'll thank you not to refer to Princeton that way.

Reactions: Roman Fell

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
"Frasier" was an awesome, still watch it to this day:

Bart: Man, those cons *love* Krusty. Inside every hardened criminal beats the heart of a ten-year-old boy.
Lisa: And vice-versa.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Love Frasier. One of my favourite shows. David Hyde Pierce is so awesome and loved the way he and Kelsey just carried the chemistry over to the Simpsons.

I've been in prison Cecil. I'll be happy just as long as it doesn't taste like orange drink fermented under a radiator.

That would be the Latour then.

You wanted to be Krusty's sidekick since you were five. What about the buffoon lessons, the four years at clown college. "

I'll thank you not to refer to Princeton that way.

One of the best Sideshow Bob episodes imo.Got me into watching Fraser reruns on a regular basis.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

List

Hank Scorpio
Larry Burns
Frank Grimes
Rex Banner
Cecil Terwilliger

"Guess who?"
"Maris?"

Frank Grimes wasnt great, Homers Enemy is overrated

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011
Apu: Who needs season one?
Here comes a tricky one!
Oh won't you rhyme with me?
Who needs season one?

Marge: I lost my keys in one!

Lisa: There is no reason one!

Bart: It's cold and freezing one!

Homer: Season one is real--d'oh!

me: Who needs season one? I dooooooo....

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad