Favourite Sens Season?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Cup run,I remember crossing in Buffalo on a load...Just after the Sabres bounced us the previous year,of course I was wearing my Sens ball cap...And a customs guard flexed huge on me about it,I could say very little except for maybe next year....Too bad I never got to return the favor...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The first one.

Best uniforms, playing at the Civic Centre, a ragtag group of nobodies where Sylvain Turgeon was the biggest name in the lineup, and an opening surprise win against the Habs. No expectations, no ownership issues (publicly), and just pure excitement.

Reactions: Ed Wood

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Cup run. The city was incredible. I'll never forget the amount of fans that showed up at the airport when they came back from eliminating Buffalo to go to the SCF and the crowds at parliament

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Other than the cup run, easily the Hamburglar run of 2015, where he went 20-1-2 with a .941 SV% to finish the year.

Stone sealing the deal and sending the team to the playoffs in game 82 off of an amazing steal was a particularly awesome highlight of that run.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
The year after the lockout when Hasek got hurt and we were eliminated by Buffalo. That team scored an incredible 103 goals more than they allowed in the regular season. They were an absolute powerhouse. It felt all year as though we were going to win it all.

The next year's team that went to the finals scored 66 more goals than they allowed. They missed Hasek, Chara and Havlat. I never had the same feeling of invincibility with this team as I had mistakenly assumed for the previous year's team.

Reactions: Flamingo

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
In 05-06, the Sens were #1 in goals scored and #3 in goals against. I loved watching them beat teams 7-1 on a regular basis.

03 was a great season..but I am voting for the 1998 playoffs where the Sens beat the heavily favored Devils in the 1st round...so much excitement because there were no expectations. Playoffs since have been mixed with dread, anxiety and mostly disappointment.

Reactions: DrEasy and Ed Wood

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
For me 2017 run is probably #2 after the 2007 run, and #3 would be the Hamburglar run. Losing to the Habs made that one extremely bittersweet, especially cause if Andy played from game 1, we at least make it to the 2nd round that year. Honourable mention : 2013 playoffs when we humiliated the Habs and Pageau scored a hatty. That was also our first series win since 2007!

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Can't beat 2007, but I'm extremely nostalgic for Karlsson's first norris season in 2011-12. Loved watching Spezza & Michalek that season too

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
2003 not close for me. Watching that group grow, the first real run and being so close with all their best players being very young or in their prime was so exciting. That was the best team they ever had too.

Hossa was incredible that season, so much fun to watch. Best two way player in hockey. He was so good against Jersey in the ECF.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
2003 not close for me. Watching that group grow, the first real run and being so close with all their best players being very young or in their prime was so exciting. That was the best team they ever had too.

Hossa was incredible that season, so much fun to watch. Best two way player in hockey. He was so good against Jersey in the ECF.

One of the things I remember the most about the summer of 2003 was how many pundits picked the Sens to win the cup in 2004.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
One of the things I remember the most about the summer of 2003 was how many pundits picked the Sens to win the cup in 2004.
They were the best team in the NHL in 2004 so it was a pretty good choice. Highest scoring team in hockey, best goal differential in the NHL. They finished 7 points off the presodents trophy. Hossa was 6th in the NHL in scoring, Alfie 8th and Havlat top 20. If it wasnt for a stubborn stupid coach and a choke artist of a goalie they would have won the cup. They had the best matchups if they had managed to beat the leafs who they outshot all 7 games in a 7 game series and lost, the one and only time thats ever happened in NHL history.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Im laughing at myself as i read this thread cause each time i read a post arguing for one particular year, i think oh yeah that's the one. Then i read someone else post a different year and i think, no wait yeah that's the one. :) So hard to pick.

But that Cup run! The explosion out onto Elgin street and the march up to parliament. Hundreds of people lining up an honor guard at the airport when the players returned. The Sens pre-game show starting at 6:00 am. Every business in the city with go sens go signs in their windows, car flags everywhere, everyone downtown wearing sens jerseys. Well not everyone i guess, those leaf fans are a special breed. That excitement still feels unmatched to me.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->