12. Ken Dryden def Glenn Hall 5-2
13. Bobby Hull def Bernie Geoffrion 9-7
14. Guy Lafleur def Frank Mahovlich 15-0
15. Valeri Kharlamov def Bobby Clarke 7-4

Last edited:

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
I’d be surprised if Park got a vote

Edit: not a knock on park, but the “Bobby Orr” is a lyric in a Tragically Hip song (R.I.P Gord), the ultimate honour

Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
5000 posts and youve never heard of him....

who is brad park?

A defenceman, Park played in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the New York Rangers, Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings. Considered one of the best defencemen of his generation, and named to the all-star team several times, the best years of his career were overshadowed by superstar Bobby Orr, who was briefly his teammate. He was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1988. In 2017 Park was named one of the '100 Greatest NHL Players' in history.

Park quickly became the Rangers' best defenceman and drew comparisons with the great Bobby Orr, as both were credited with revolutionizing the "offensive" defenceman. Park's offensive skill, stickhandling and pugnacity attracted much attention from fans. Park and Orr occasionally fought each other on ice, and fans and sportswriters fueled the rivalry by making frequent comparisons, not least as the Rangers and Boston Bruins were bitter opponents. Years afterward, Park remarked "I saw no reason to be upset because I was rated second to Bobby Orr. After all, Orr not only was the top defenceman in the game but he was considered the best player ever to put on a pair of skates. There was nothing insulting about being rated number two to such a super superstar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad