• Petr Sykora

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'm going with Gonch here. He's a good guy who has done a lot for this franchise. He mentored Geno and took him in. He also probably played a role in getting Geno to the states. He handled the rough reception he got in Pittsburgh with class and he gutted it out. Now he's returned to the fold coaching, and is having an immeasurable impact on our defensemen.

I was also considering Roberts, Staal, and Jake but Gonch wins out for me.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Went with Jordan. He stands out a bit in my memories from some of the older players (in terms of when on the team).

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No wrong answers here. Went Matt Murray. Cool, calm, loves Coldplay, AND featured in this months calendar for the pens and paws charity calendar.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Wanted Letang at #4, so I'm voting according to who I think is #5 - not who I think comes next (if that clarifies this any)

So for MY number 5, Matt Cullen.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Voted for Fleury. He had his ups and downs over the years, but he went out on top.

I agree.

This is where some of those earlier guys come in Fleury, Letang, Staal, Kunitz, Gonchar and such.

I'd say Fleury gave them a lot of stability over the years no matter how good/bad you feel about him.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'd have Murray around the top 10 mark, he literally came in at the cusp of going on the runs. Lucky for him, though, he still has time to move up that ladder.

Maybe that is a little COLD, but his PLAY could be better if they try to FIX YOU in front of him.

:).....He has time...I’m not sure where he lands for me....I love his mental makeup but he has yet to show he can be “the man” and take his play from the PO Cup runs while MAF was still around to play consistently as the number 1 netminder ....this year should be big in that regard for him...the team really needs him to show those two PO runs weren’t flukes because Jarry is even less a certainty to develop as more than a backup.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad