OT: Favourite Player #32 - RUNOFF

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yeah, we can move on to the next poll tomorrow morning if Feds is still leading by a wide margin.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I disagree. Because math.

Explain this voodoo. I don't agree.

For example:

15 vote A, 15 vote B

Runoff:

20 vote A, 10 vote B

Next poll:

Same 15 vote B, 10 vote C, 5 vote D

B wins next round. All that was accomplished is a wasted day. B could have just been crowned next up right after A.

The ONLY thing is like a majority who voted B in the first place might forget to vote again or were reminded of a different player in the meantime, meaning B doesn't get automatically chosen during the next poll. But how is that a better solution to just giving B second place in the runoff results?

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Explain this voodoo. I don't agree.

For example:

15 vote A, 15 vote B

Runoff:

20 vote A, 10 vote B

Next poll:

Same 15 vote B, 10 vote C, 5 vote D

B wins next round. All that was accomplished is a wasted day. B could have just been crowned next up right after A.

The ONLY thing is like a majority who voted B in the first place might forget to vote again or were reminded of a different player in the meantime, meaning B doesn't get automatically chosen during the next poll. But how is that a better solution to just giving B second place in the runoff results?

There were 23 votes in the non-runoff poll. Four votes went to Ruslan Fedotenko and four went to Petr Sykora. That means there were 15 votes left. What if those 15 voters absolutely hate Sykora? Or what if they're in agreement that Despres should come after Fedotenko?

I don't agree with the logic that Sykora should place #33 because he got 17.4% in the #32 poll and then 25% in the runoff.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
If I did this again at some point: I'd give people three votes instead of one. That would help us avoid the runoffs. Because looking back at voting up to this point, most people had a handful of guys they were thinking of in each poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->