Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Last edited:

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Voted Neal, the following is in response to thread #19:

It's also funny how a player can overstay their welcome (Adams/Orpik) and become villains. It's also funny how a great player can become forgettable because of Cup wins (Neal/Hossa). And some of the grinder favorites TK/Colby are sort of getting forgotten. Kennedy was every bit as popular as Rust. Even with his chest snipes.

This has been a lot of fun but I am quite shocked at the names up there.
I’ve only followed the Pens for 10 years and not fully engaged then. 6 years ago I watched more and last 4 years I watch pretty much every game.

So newer players are fresher in my memory plus I know more about hockey now to notice what players are doing even if they aren’t scoring.

If Bones wins this one I have no idea who I’d pick from what’s left. Neal maybe because of his snipes?
Pretty much nailed it between you two. With that in mind i'm now tempted to vote for Neal instead of Maatta. It's not like Maatta fell off a cliff after... yikes! ...i just looked him up and i didn't remember him being so plagued by injuries/illness:

2014-15 Tumor (thyroid cancer?) removed only to reinjure the same shoulder he had surgery on in the off-season, later the Pens would announce he'd miss the remainder of the season and get another surgery, meanwhile he got the mumps... I don't remember a player being so cursed in one season!

2015-16 Slammed from behind into a bench door, misses 3-4 weeks. Then in game 2 of PO against Caps, Orpik hits him on the head, misses a few games while traitor is suspended 3 games.

2016-17 Misses 6 weeks due to broken hand (ended up being 24 games).

2017-18 Light at the end of the tunnel! Plays ALL 82 games! :clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Maatta. Already playing in over 300 NHL games, winning two Stanley cups, having surgery to remove a tumor, and he is only 23 years old. He's got my vote.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
He's one of my least-favorite Penguins of all time, but, unfortunately, Brooks Orpik is the player who made the most-substantial contributions of any remaining on the list.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Went with the sniper

RelievedSlightGermanwirehairedpointer-small.gif

Reactions: BHD

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
He's one of my least-favorite Penguins of all time, but, unfortunately, Brooks Orpik is the player who made the most-substantial contributions of any remaining on the list.
The thing is, these polls are 100% about your "favorite" players. IMO, the only way the player's contributions matter is if it made you like them even more (or less.)

Just wanted to bring it up before you vote for "one of (your) least-favorite Penguins of all time" in a Favorite Player poll. ;)

Reactions: billybudd

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I always liked Fedotenko ever since he scored the Cup-winners for Tampa Bay. I really liked that team. Was pumped when we got him and he scored some very timely goals in that '09 run too.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
The thing is, these polls are 100% about your "favorite" players. IMO, the only way the player's contributions matter is if it made you like them even more (or less.)

Just wanted to bring it up before you vote for "one of (your) least-favorite Penguins of all time" in a Favorite Player poll. ;)

Huh.

Says that right there in the topic title and I never processed that's what this was in 20 threads. :laugh:

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->