BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
It was a tough choice, had to go with this guy ...
tumblr_oljjwt3wTz1viy6gjo1_500.gif

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I went with Malone. Had some skill, was a warrior, and was a character. I still laugh thinking about him facewashing the shit out of his teammates after wins.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's also funny how a player can overstay their welcome (Adams/Orpik) and become villains. It's also funny how a great player can become forgettable because of Cup wins (Neal/Hossa). And some of the grinder favorites TK/Colby are sort of getting forgotten. Kennedy was every bit as popular as Rust. Even with his chest snipes.

This has been a lot of fun but I am quite shocked at the names up there.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I get Hornqvist and Kessel going early, but there are some (Dumoulin for example) who might be a bit high.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It's also funny how a player can overstay their welcome (Adams/Orpik) and become villains. It's also funny how a great player can become forgettable because of Cup wins (Neal/Hossa). And some of the grinder favorites TK/Colby are sort of getting forgotten. Kennedy was every bit as popular as Rust. Even with his chest snipes.

Recency bias. ;)

Reactions: BHD

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I get Hornqvist and Kessel going early, but there are some (Dumoulin for example) who might be a bit high.

If you look at style - TK = Rust. Rust is part of 2 recent Cup teams, thus Tk isn't even getting a vote. Orpik = Dumo. Orpik overstayed his welcome and Dumo was part of 2 Cups teams.

Winning the Stanley Cup really does change everything.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I feel Gary Roberts shouldn't even be in the top 20. He is too much man for this list of a bunch of softies.

Edit. And I always thought of Rust as the winger version of Talbot.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

I’ve only followed the Pens for 10 years and not fully engaged then. 6 years ago I watched more and last 4 years I watch pretty much every game.

So newer players are fresher in my memory plus I know more about hockey now to notice what players are doing even if they aren’t scoring.

If Bones wins this one I have no idea who I’d pick from what’s left. Neal maybe because of his snipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->