Favourite moment of WJC... Jack Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanuthier*

Awsome job by Jack Johnson. Fans taunting Jack Johnson, Johnson... "thank you... thank you very much" waiving back. Awsome. :D

Any ill feeling I had for J Johnson has now been dropped, haha.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Phanuthier said:
Awsome job by Jack Johnson. Fans taunting Jack Johnson, Johnson... "thank you... thank you very much" waiving back. Awsome. :D

Any ill feeling I had for J Johnson has now been dropped, haha.

Good to see that Johnson didn't take the incessant booing to heart. He's an incredible hockey player who just made a stupid decision during a time of great frustration. He'll learn from it and it will serve him well in the NHL (he's going to be a very good NHL defenseman very soon IMO).

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I loved it!

The only thing is -- it was sarcastic. If people are dissing the crowd for beeing classless, then isn't Johnson too?

I personally love it and think neither is classless. I think a lot of people gained a lot of respect for Johnson as this tournament went on, including me.

He's quite a player.

cyrisweb

Jul 1, 2002
Calgary ab
Visit site
I agree you can officially count me in the Jack Johnson fan club.
I hope he grows up one day to score the game winning goal to knock the Canucks out of the playoffs and waves to the crowd just like he did here.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Its the spirit of competition and a great job by JJ. Even the Canadian fans have been taking way to much flak IMO. Its not like they've been burning flags or throwing things.

Phanuthier*

Red said:
The only thing is -- it was sarcastic. If people are dissing the crowd for beeing classless, then isn't Johnson too?
Well, one thing's for certain... Jack Johnson (1 man) showed up some (16,000?).

Haha, Johnson completely just owned them.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
That was sarcasm at it's best, I would be pissed even more if I was from Vacouver... That's sly of JJ. Something tells me the organisers will give this guy the best D for his play+booing and Malkin's highstick, and just as a general handout to the US

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
Den said:
That was sarcasm at it's best, I would be pissed even more if I was from Vacouver... That's sly of JJ. Something tells me the organisers will give this guy the best D for his play+booing and Malkin's highstick, and just as a general handout to the US
Or maybe he actually just deserves it :eek:

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
While I liked watching it too JJ should have been skating from teammate to teammate and giving them each a club upside the head for the effort they showed in the last couple of games.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Den said:

Or perhaps they will give him the best D nod, because Johnson was terrific in this tournament.

Phanuthier*

Alberta Yote said:
While I liked watching it too JJ should have been skating from teammate to teammate and giving them each a club upside the head for the effort they showed in the last couple of games.
I would like to see that too

What does a ref do when there's a brawl... with your own team?

TheDynasty

Aug 8, 2005
Petty.

The entire situation is just petty (and I'm talking about the fans as well here). You people are way too easily impressed. JJ might as well have flipped the bird, it would have been equally impressive, and equally immature. People who cheer for stuff like that are people who compose the WWE viewing audience.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
TheDynasty said:
Petty.

The entire situation is just petty. You people are way too easily impressed. JJ might as well have flipped the bird, it would have been equally impressive, and equally immature.
If the fans are going to give it to the player they better accept getting it back occassionally. No harm, no foul.

TheDynasty

Aug 8, 2005
Alberta Yote said:
If the fans are going to give it to the player they better accept getting it back occassionally. No harm, no foul.

I was talking about the fans as well.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
golfmade said:
Wasn't able to see it, could someone explain what happened?

Near the end of the game during a period where they were trying to get penalties sorted out, the crowd was booing Johnson and he was waiving back to the crowd.

I didn't like what Johnson did to Downie, but I definatley like him as a hockey player and I thought he had a heck of a tourny.

Transported Upstater

Phanuthier said:
I would like to see that too

What does a ref do when there's a brawl... with your own team?

He videotapes the whole thing, and laughs afterwards :D

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
This reminds me of the time Chelios and Bertuzzi were going at it and Bert was the third star and Chelios the second star and Bert got a huge Cheer when he came out and then they announced the second star and Chelios comes out and does the small circle like home team players do....that alone made me a chelios fan for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->