Favourite Junior Player Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I'll be the first to mention LINDROS!!

I mention Lindros not because of a previous post but because he really lived up to his potential...at least, at the the WHJC (he dominated).
I also remember a bit of Marty Lapointe and a bit of Kariya. Although I think Kariya is very, very overrated.
----------------
Like anyone else, I would have loved to see Mario "The Best" Lemieux play in the juniors!! Or, the GREATzky!!

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Leachmeister2000 said:
Crosby is also exceptionally fun to watch.
But you're not allowed to post that without being ridiculed.So here goes:He might
be good in the Q but so was Alexander Daigle.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
#66 said:
I would have to go with him too. Have any of you older guys seen Pierre Larouche? I've heard that he was downright sickening.
I haven't heard that name for awhile.He had amazing offensive talent but
was not willing to work too hard on defence.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
pei fan said:
But you're not allowed to post that without being ridiculed.So here goes:He might
be good in the Q but so was Alexander Daigle.

hence the thread title 'Favourite Junior Player Ever'

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
pei fan said:
I haven't heard that name for awhile.He had amazing offensive talent but
was not willing to work too hard on defence.
He was my favorite player when I was a toddler and one of the reasons that I became a Pens fan. He must have been awsome in junior. His stats are awsome enough but with the way he played and the Q being the Q must have made for some fun hockey.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Brad Moran and Pavel Brendl

Brendl
1998-99 68GP 73G 61A 134PTS
1999-00 61GP 59G 52A 111PTS

Moran
1998-99 71GP 60G 58A 118PTS
1999-00 72GP 48G 72A 120PTS

These guys were unstoppable (well, except for Dan Blackburn :banghead: )

jacklamabe65

Jan 31, 2005
I saw Robert Gordon Orr play for the Niagra Falls Flyers. He literally took my breath away. Our nighbor at the time, the great Lynn Patrick, told me then, "This kid will be the greatest hockey player who's ever lived." Uncle Lynn was right, as usual.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
jacklamabe65 said:
I saw Robert Gordon Orr play for the Niagra Falls Flyers. He literally took my breath away. Our nighbor at the time, the great Lynn Patrick, told me then, "This kid will be the greatest hockey player who's ever lived." Uncle Lynn was right, as usual.

That's very debatable but well who really cares.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Favourite Junior player?

Myself. The only hockey player I've ever truly loved.

Bruno8

Jun 14, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
jacklamabe65 said:

Either you didn't really see Orr or your mind is slipping. Bobby Orr played for the Oshawa Generals. Derek Sanderson Played for the Niagra Falls Flyers.
Both teams were owned by the Boston Bruins I believe.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Zdeno Chara, Chris Mason, Joel Kwiatkowski, and Marian Hossa.
I remember arguing with cougar fans when Chara started there that he would make the NHL,though i must admit he's a much better all round NHLer than i ever dreamed he would become.

My personal favorite was Barry "bubba" Beck with the New Westminster Bruisins in the mid 70's.He was so dominant in junior,even his 1st few years with the Rockies in the NHL he was a force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad