Favourite International Rivalries?

Tree-hugger

Feb 28, 2007
Paris
I find it natural that the rivalry between Sweden and Finland is a lot more meaningful at this side of the border. After all, we were just an eastern province of your country for centuries.

For years we've been careful to watch what Sweden does and only after that acted ourselves. It applies in politics, economy, entertainment businness and yes, even in sports (joining the €-countries was maybe our only choice where we didn't follow our neighbours and now it seems that maybe we should have).

The little brother-complex couldn't be more accurate. We like to tease you and still we'd like nothing more than to be like you are. Anyway, we coulnd't have a better bigbrother than Sweden. :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Pretty good :handclap:

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
What? Speak for yourself. I dont want to be anything like Sweden. They have huge problems with immigrants etc...

Don't deny it. We've always been a little babystep behind Sweden as a country. Our €-adventure is proving to be a horrible mistake. That should tell you that we are not ready to leave Svea-Mama's caring arms. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaNZGUW6eVU
love4.gif

Last edited:

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Being from Canada I really enjoy the Canada/Russia rivalry. It seems our 2 countries are always battling for top spot in the sport. I also really like Canada/USA, Canada/Sweden, games they are always close. I also like to watch USA vs Russia and Sweden vs Finland. Those are all usually good games too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad