Favourite International Rivalries?

Seanconn*

Which one is your favourite? Based on whatever reasons you have for any of them to be your favourite.

I gotta go with Canada and Russia, followed by all european countries and Russia. :laugh:

everyone just hates losing to them so much, and they have won a lot.

Sweden/Finland would be my second personal choice, followed by USA/CAN.

Seanconn*

could a mod edit the second Canada VS Russia option in the poll with any of the rivalries I didn't fit in? ... maybe Slovakia vs who ever you want. :handclap:

would be great if you could, thanks.

I know i went for the big countries, so if you think I'm forgetting your favourite national team or rivalry, let us know :handclap:

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
FIN-SWE and FIN-RUS equally fierce for me.

Objectively it's clearly CAN-RUS.

In football Finland - Azerbaidjan. :sarcasm:

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
I'll just quote what I wrote in the gold medal game-thread:
Sweden: "The team we really don't want to lose to is Finland, the team we really want to beat is Canada."

I don't think the Sweden/Canada-rivalry can beat Sweden/Finland, Canada/Russia or US/Canada, but it's evident that it's on the rise.

RusskiyHockey

Apr 5, 2008
russkiyhockey.wordpress.com
My top 5:

1. Russia - Canada: always the most entertaining games
2. Russia - Czechs: usually more focused play and with great goaltending performances
3. Canada - USA: the most physical rivalry, it's usually hard not to root for the US
4. Russia - USA: also high-octane hockey, although they've rarely played each other recently
5. Canada - Switzerland: gotta love the upsets!

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Finland - Sweden for me. It's a bitter rivalry too since we've lost so many important games against them... Russia on the other hand we've won lately.

Canada - Russia is my 2nd. And I guess this would be the objective choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad