Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: Complete the roster !

Pick 7: three dmen, two wingers, and a coach, and an extra

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This is *nearly* the final ranking and roster. You now have three days to vote for 7 names, including three dmen, two wingers, a coach, and an extra.

1) Saku Koivu
2) PK Subban
3) Andrei Markov
4) Alex Kovalev
5) Carey Price
6) Brenden Gallagher
7) Vincent Damphousse
8) Alexander Radulov
9) Max Pacioretty
10) Lars Eller
11) Alex Galchenyuk
12) Tomas Plekanec
13) Michael Cammalleri
14) Sheldon Sourray
15) Jose Theodore

Pacioretty-Koivu-Kovalev
Galchenyuk-Damphousse-Radulov
Cammalleri-Eller -Gallagher
W-Plekanec-W

Markov Subban
D-Sourray
D-D

Price
Theodore

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Voted Vigneault, Corson, Weber & Recchi

Recchi is a must to be in the lineup. Vigneault arguably the best coach in the bunch.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Weber and Turgeon barely played in Montréal, it feels weird voting for them.. but then I voted for worse players

Hamrlik, Komi and Bouillon. Bouillon was the little warrior, he would always give it all. I had high hopes for Komi, I don't know why he fell such a cliff
Lapierre, AKost and Recchi
Lapierre went to my High school for a year, we are the same age and I feel like he was a great 4th liner. When André was on his game, he was such a threat and a treat to watch. Recchi is pretty much the last good forward to play as a Habs in that list (for longer than 2 seasons)
Julien's first stint

Reactions: DAChampion

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
How does our resident Halak fan feel about him not even making the top 15, while he said it was ridiculous to have him outside the top 5?

He's the first guy to bring us back to the ECF since Roy.

I'm not a Dryden fan but doesn't mean I can't respect what he did for the org.

Reactions: the and DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I liked Halak and voted for him over Theodore.

Though there are legitimate arguments for each of Price, Halak, and Theodore, and admittedly, legitimate arguments against each.

Price is liked here because he had historical numbers in the 2014 regular season. Other than that, he hasn't been exemplary elsewhere.

Halak is liked because he led the Habs in a great, underdog eastern conference run. Other than that, he hasn't been exemplary elsewhere.

Theodore is liked because he dragged the Habs kicking and screaming into the playoffs back around 2002 or so, those were otherwise lottery teams that didn't deserve better. Theodore never had the teams in front of him that Halak and Price had. On the other hand, Theodore's peak, like that of Price and Halak, was not that long in Montreal.

Reactions: Genesis76

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I voted for Brisebois, Hamrlik, Komisarek, Zednik, Turgeon, Lapierre, and Jacques Martin.

Hamrlik I think is under appreciated by a lot of Habs fans here. He was important in 2008, 2010, and 2011, in part because the better appreciated Markov and Subban could not be on the ice for 60 minutes a game. He was the Habs number 1 dman in 2010, and number 2 dman in 2008 and 2011.

His departure after 2011 contributed to the Habs' collapse in 2012. The 2012 Habs were a "+" team when Subban was on the ice, but for the remaining 35 minutes a game, they were terrible. If Hamrlik had been on the ice for 25 of those 35 minutes, they might have been ok. However, had the Habs not lost Hamrlik to free agency, they were probably losing him to the aging process regardless.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Zednik, Recchi
Hamrlik, Weber, Odelein
Carbonneau
Extra: Bouillon

Everyone received at least one vote so far, including Tremblay and Cunneyworth

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I did not expect Guy Carbonneau to be the most popular coach !

Horse races in the voting thus far:
Weber vs Hamrlik
Odelein vs Brisebois
Recchi vs Kostitsyn

Anyone have a good argument, or two or three, for a preference in those races?

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
I vote for
Weber, Hamrlik & Brisebois
Turgeon & Recchi (damn was I mad when we move Turgeon for Corson & Murray Baron..)
Carbonneau (it's like when voting in politics.. I vote for the best IMO but they are all bad ;p)
And extra, one of my favourite since the 2000s, Andrei Kostitsyn. Wish we had coach better this guy, he was a beast!

Reactions: DAChampion

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
1) Roy
2) Koivu
3) Subban
4) Kovalev
5) Price
6) Markov (missed him last time)
7) Theodore
8) Gallagher
9) Huet
10) Souray
11) Halak
12) Radulov
13) Hackett
14) Eller
15) Garon

It’s goalie heavy because it’s the best position in the game and if we’ve had one strength since our cup drought began, it’s been goaltending.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I just have to know why you got so mad at me constantly when I called you a Halak fan in the past? It’s pretty clear, and you don’t make it secret most of the time other then in Price threads. Why not just own it?

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I just have to know why you got so mad at me constantly when I called you a Halak fan in the past? It’s pretty clear, and you don’t make it secret most of the time other then in Price threads. Why not just own it?

There's a difference
You're trying to portray it as if i'm a die hard Halak fan.

In montreal there's politics, egos and population control at play. The Halak trade just like the Subban trade was everything but a hockey trade.

Why were they in such a rush to get rid of the guy who JUST handed them 3 rounds of Playoffs? Why not give this guy another run at it? Just like they did with so many other players...DD, Pacioretty, Theodore, Price etc

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Muller should be there, no question. And Carbo as a player. I totally agree 110%
No he shouldn't and neither should Carbo. This is a poll for players who didn't win anything, not merely for any player who happened to still be on the team after 93. Both Muller and Carbonneau got a ring in 93 so they don't qualify. This is a roster of failure we're assembling here. So IMO anyone from the 93 Cup wining roster should be disqualified except for Brisebois, who was the biggest fraud to win a Cup in NHL history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad