Favourite flawed EA NHL logic

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
So.. I played Be a Pro on NHL 18.

I was second in the OHL scoring, first in goal scoring on the Windsor Spitfires. About 25-30 points ahead of the third guy, who was my linemate.

Got drafted in the middle of the second round.

Scored a bunch of goals, but a stretch of five (!) games where I only averaged 0,75 points per game gave me my permanent place on the third line. I finished second for the Ross and Richard and won the calder.

Asked for a trade after the season because I just couldn't see myself navigating through the team constantly playing me on the third line even though I was the only goal scorer on my team.

Got traded to Buffalo for a 4th rounder (!).

How can my trade value been so darn low?

Into the last 20 games of my second season and they demoted me to the second line on a season where I average a goal a game whilst Eichel, the second leading scorer is slightly below PPG....

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
My favorite flawed NHL logic is when 30 RFAs sit out entire seasons because no team has enough cap to sign anyone after two seasons. Like that doesn't happen in real-----

Oh.

To piggy back off this, my favorite flawed NHL logic is when is when teams can't afford/don't to qualify/sign their own Elite RFA's but have no problem throwing out a 9 million dollar offer sheet to my guy.

My other favorite flawed NHL logic is when I have two 75 overall players that are the same age with the same potential. Player A wants 1.5 million for 1 year or 8 million for 7 years and player B wants 1.5 million for 1 year or 2.5 million for 7 years, thus telling you early on who will hit their potential and who won't and allowing you to exploit the trading system to get rid of said prospect while they still have value.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Every single time the D man has the puck in BAP in their own zone their throw it around the boards behind their own net. Every time without fail.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
When EA can’t have the active rosters and free agents put on the correct teams until weeks after the NHL starts it’s actual season.
Not that much flawed logic, but annoying. But as far as I remember it has to do with the right to players who were not formerly in the NHL.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Not that much flawed logic, but annoying. But as far as I remember it has to do with the right to players who were not formerly in the NHL.

Yep - until they play a game for a league & union that has a rights deal with EA, they can't be in the game.

My fave AI play is when a dman goes back on the PP to pick up a puck against his own boards - full-speed, no stopping, just plows right into the boards, recovers, then picks the puck up.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
2way contracts are immune to waivers.
CPU teams won't retain on bad contracts.
32 team can never win draft lotto.
Teams trading their best players for peanuts to other CPU teams.
Offering a trade to a team that doesn't have the space for an RFA that would be more than the compensation, getting rejected, then offer-sheeting said player and watching the team lose him for less when they cannot match

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
My favorite flawed NHL logic is when 30 RFAs sit out entire seasons because no team has enough cap to sign anyone after two seasons. Like that doesn't happen in real-----

Oh.

You forgot this -

giphy.gif

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Watch a cpu vs cpu game.. that should sum up everything you need to know about EA logic.

But my all time favorite is when one of your teammates has a clear break for a pass but he just runs into the opposing team's defensemen to absolutely ruin the chance.

Ugh. I don't have time to write all 100 problems down.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I find that it's worse with this game
the AI is all about positionning over what is happening on the ice:
- the guy you are passing to goes on the bench , causing an offside
- the D goes to ouside of the blue line to cover the other team's players, no matter where either are, which gets them out of the play
- you go on 2 on 1 and your teammate inexplicably stops going towards the net or goes to the position he shoudl be (mostly happens with D)
-all your AI ends up at teh blueline while defending for no reason

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It's been fixed now, but does anyone remember how bad waivers were?

• Kopitar on waivers
  • Crosby on waivers
  • Ovechkin on waivers
You didn't even need to try making a great team - just let the CPU drop their guys onto waivers and build your team

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
My favorite is when you absolutely crush someone with an open ice hit but you can’t get the puck because it went behind them while they lay on the ice and then they finally get back up and pick the puck back up.
and you get knocked down it takes 40 years to get up while the AI takes a millisecond

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
-all your AI ends up at teh blueline while defending for no reason

There are millions and most of them are mentioned here but this takes the cake for me. Even if you set the strategies as defensive as possible, the offensive AI players just stand around near the blueline and spin around. It drives me f***ing nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad