Favourite cleats

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Like the title says what are the cleats that you use?? For me I play indoor and am wearing CR7 mercurial cleats. I sorta like playing in midfield. I sorta have a bias preference for the mercurial series (cheaper model).

As for future cleats I might get the Adidas Ace 16+ GTI - Solar Green / Shock Pink / Core Black. I love neon green cleats. You'll see a copy of the boots on the bottom.

I'm interested in learning what positions you folks play as well. I like playing CM because I don't have the fitness to attack and I like playing both offensivly and defensively, I like to use my weight to keep players off the ball.

Last edited:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
When I used to play I was either striker or goalie. I had these old, heavy as hell nike cleats that I loved. I had no dribbling skills so I would either pass it right away or kick it in and they felt like they were giving my passes and shots a little extra "oomph" behind them

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don't play competitively anymore, but I still have my Nike HyperVenoms and they are easily the best cleats I have ever owned. Right up there with the Tiempos. I wish I was still playing so I could get the Magista though or another pair of Tiempos

I used to play forward and I was the ideal poacher. I was really good at finishing around the goal and I was pretty fast as well, but that was about it. I couldn't dribble past someone or play make very well.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I remember the first official clears I had were Diadora, they were great. Had Nike and Adidas after that but my last ones were Puma which I really liked. I just haven't played in like 4-5 years lol I just play tennis and roller hockey now days

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
I stopped playing organized football in 2005-ish. Big fan of some of the early Mercurial Vapors, but gotta go with these Predators.

Gl5axPc.jpg

As a kid I remember wearing Diadora's blue boots that were endorsed by Baggio. They were pretty fly back in the day when 99.9% of football boots were actually black.

My least favorite boots, on the other hand? These boots, along with the vuvuzelas, ruined the 2010 WC for me.

Mercurial-Vapor-Superfly-II.jpg

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
adidas-f50-adizero-2014-leather-model-4.jpg

I play striker, and I'm a 100m sprinter so my need is for lightweight boots. I'm the guy you play kick and run with. AdiZeros have been amazing for me, these are the best cleats I've ever played with.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I have these:

adidas-predator-instinct-blk-red-img1.jpg

I play wing/striker and I absolutely love these. They're comfortable, light weight and maybe it's psychological but I've noticed a giant improvement in my control on shots and long balls (could also be that I bought them half a size smaller than I normally do and find they fit perfectly).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I have these:

I play wing/striker and I absolutely love these. They're comfortable, light weight and maybe it's psychological but I've noticed a giant improvement in my control on shots and long balls (could also be that I bought them half a size smaller than I normally do and find they fit perfectly).
I have the exact same ones! :D

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Great thread!

I have tried many boots, and nothing ever comes close to Puma Kings for me. They're super soft, comfortable and have great touch. They don't last very long, but to me they're worth every penny.

Pelé, Cruyff, Maradona and Samuel Eto'o are some of my favorite players to wear them. It's sad that kangaroo leather isn't as popular anymore and Puma is always promoting the EVO Speed/Power which are nowhere as comfortable or effective.

96011.jpg

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I have these:

I got the same style, but all black including the 3 stripes aside from the laces and inside fabric which are deep red.

worth a play to see what you can come up with design wise
http://www.adidas.co.uk/mi-x-15.1/15005629_M.html?pr=CUSTOMIZE_IMG_mi%20X%2015.1#is_configurator

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Last time I went shopping for boots was a complete disaster. I'm not one who only tolerates classic looking black boots. I actually prefer some design. But it seems we're now in an age where you either go completely retro or are stuck with ridiculous full-neon-high-contrast options. Ideally, I like my boots like I like my pads in hockey - white base, and a few contrasting lines / stripes.

Decided to postpone the next purchase until my old ones fall apart further, which were already not quite matching my blueprint. At least they fit my beer league team's colors.

football-boots-nike-CTR360-sapphire-blue.jpg

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

These are the ones my son has too. Last cleats I had were dark blue Nike Ronaldinho-branded ones (NOT the 'touch of gold' ones they seem to have just come out with). But I ended up playing on artificial turf which ground the cleats down smooth and now it's kind of like playing on ice skates in them, especially if it's wet.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Just wondering as well, can I use my cleats that i wear when playing on artificial turf on natural grass.

I think going that way you don't risk wrecking the boot, so the only question is whether you feel like you're getting enough traction. Maybe better than sneakers but not as good as real cleats?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Just wondering as well, can I use my cleats that i wear when playing on artificial turf on natural grass.

Depends on what kind of cleats you have. If you get FG yes if you get AG I would say no. If you get turf shoes then definitely not...unless you move at the pace of a snail then it really doesn't matter.

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
I haven't played organised for a while so my boots right now are old ones from my dad. But as a kid I remember being in love with the Adidas F50 series, especially the first few years. Didn't like the later ones as much but I was still kind of sad when I heard Adidas were not continuing the series earlier this year.

It's kinda hard to find good photos of the ones I had on the internet.

22-950x633.jpg

ZrVMXqE.png

pw9aMyE.png

Edit to add: around the same time I prefered Nike for indoor footy for some reason, including these

17fc6d86f6eae05d5401fbae9ac3c8b3.jpg

Nike-T90-Supremacy.jpg

I was pretty mainstream as you can see

Last edited:

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Depends on what kind of cleats you have. If you get FG yes if you get AG I would say no. If you get turf shoes then definitely not...unless you move at the pace of a snail then it really doesn't matter.

I play on artificial grass. Honestly I just want to know if I can use my cleats outside for practing. Just playing by myself.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
The days of playing outdoors regularly are long gone, but I still continue to play once or twice a week in the gymnasium of my former school. Females are virtually absent (and would not adore me clumsily playing soccer anyway), but the attrition factor is always present. Thus it would be insane to buy any other shoes than the cheapest model, whereas I try to avoid overly ridiculous colours. Currently, mine look similar to the one on the following picture, only completely worn down and with a straight strip on the heel. They last for quite some time now, but I might have to get a new pair soon - as cheap, plain and functional as possible.
358509100_00.jpg

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->