Favorite / worst moment since 93

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
One of my favourite moments is when Subban scored to tie the game with only a few minutes left in the 3rd agains Boston During a playoff game. He put his glove to his ear as the bruins fans went silent.

Instantly became a Subban fan, knew he was a playoff warrior and he loved to win.

but does he hate to lose?

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
two terrible moments nobody really mentioned:
losing to Boston in 2011 GAME 7 OT - that game goes our way and Max is returning next series, and BOS never wins the cup.

Losing to carolina in round 1 2006 after being up 2-0, and koivu getting injured (sticked in the eye, no call, shoulda been a 4MIN) I believe if that injury doesnt happen, we win that series easily, and maybe even if they call a PP and we score too - That series still pisses me off, no i don't think we were going to win the cup, but maybe edmonton or somebody else does, maybe Buffalos fortunes are changed forever, who knows.

07 i was really sad when we missed the playoffs too, what a game on final night tho.

Reactions: ArtPeur and PhysicX

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Worst: not having a decent GM since S Savard left
Honourable Mention— the 03 drafting of Kostitsyn (sp)
MT, Breezby, Reggie Fool, Tremblay, etc

Best: Saku, 2010 run, watching PK develope in-spite of the hatred

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
yes that was great when Halak showed up Price, and Price was where he belong....on the bench :nod::nod:
Halak never played that well before or since that 4 week run. That was his entire career. The rest was all forgettable. A flash in the pan like Steve Penney in 1984. Even Theodore's mojo had a longer shelf life than Halak's.

Reactions: ArtPeur

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Funny, no one mentioned what might be the best and worst moment since the last Cup win.
Oddly, it's the same one for both. See if you can guess what I'm talking about.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Amongst the worst, I'd say the 2011 loss in OT against Bruins is the one that sting the most. It was against our no. 1 enemy, that would go and win the cup. Plus, it was in overtime... I really felt we had a chance, it was gut-wrenching elimination, while when we got eliminated in 2014 and in 2010, it was more of a slow death...

Wasn't it Plek that missed a huge opportunity in 2011, I believe a near open net in OT. I can't quite remember the play but I remember at the time and up until now how I always said that Plek was not a finisher in clutch moments. Julien would have been fired the next day and history would have been different.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Best : Game 7 vs. WAS, 2010.
Worse : Trent McCleary's injury.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Underrated one was the big comeback against the Sens. Went to the bar they were down 4-1 randomly checked my phone and saw 5-4 I honestly didn't believe it until I saw the highlights after the bar.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Last game at the forum? Montreal won vs Dallas 4-1.
Right on. Not the game but what came after.

The best was seeing all the former greats and the emotion stemming from that 10 minute standing O for The Rocket.

The worst was witnessing the end of an era and the team has never regained that level of success since leaving the Forum. All the memories of both hockey games and the often chemically influenced concerts I attended there will remain forever etched in my mind.

Reactions: Be a Hab

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
But the Forum closing was mentioned in this thread already. The Richard ovation video is linked on page 1. You said "hadn't been mentioned yet," hence the puzzlement.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Kovalev's hit on Tucker and the game where he lost his helmet then scored soon after were two awesome moments as well.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Kicking Saku out of the door was the worst.
EDIT: Letting Markov walk just before he was going to break habs records..... over one million dollars....They happily threw many millions at LOLZNER

PK trade a close second

Best Moment : PKs breakaway agains the BOO-ins

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Right on. Not the game but what came after.

The best was seeing all the former greats and the emotion stemming from that 10 minute standing O for The Rocket.

The worst was witnessing the end of an era and the team has never regained that level of success since leaving the Forum. All the memories of both hockey games and the often chemically influenced concerts I attended there will remain forever etched in my mind.
One thing I can say is that even before they decided to replace it, I never took a trip to the Forum for granted. I always would look around and take note of how special a place it was. I guess even back then I knew that this place wouldn't be around forever and that I could not predict when I might go there for the last time so I made a point of trying to remember things about it every time I went. I can still remember what it smelled like when you walked into the lobby before a big game (obviously it simply reeked of marijuana whenever there was a concert there)

Reactions: peate

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Worst:
- Hiring Peanut and Tremblay
- Roy trade
- Trading away Desjardins and Leclair
- Koivu's knee injury
- Trading Turgeon
- Koivu's cancer
- Kyle Mclaren (more later)
- Losing against the Canes in 06
- Briere chosing the Flyers
- Subsequently losing against the Flyers in 08
- Lang's injury
- Markov's first knee injury
- Koivu and Kovy leaving
- Markov's 2nd knee injury and subsequent 2 seasons on LTIR.
- Chara
- The double-whammy of losing to Boston 1-2 months later
- Trading Cammy
- Erik Cole metamorphosis after the lockout
- Michel Therrien
- Losing to Ottawa in 13
- Losing to the Rags in 14
- "it's on me"
- Trading Eller
- Trading for Shaw
- Trading Subban
- Losing the two unloyal dogs
- Karl Alzner
- Molson doubling down on Bergevin

Now for the good stuff:

Seeing Koivu come back from his cancer

Gillett buying the team

I remember Markov's first two seasons. You could see he had so much potential. It was a long awaited glimmer of hope for me.

Seeing Richard Zednik act as a one man wrecking crew against the Bruins was delicious. 4 goals, 4 assists in 4 games, until Kyle Mclaren.

Hiring Gainey.

Acquiring Kovalev

I remember the 2005 lottery. Despite not getting Crosby, I was stoked getting the 5th pick. I had never seen the Habs pick so high.

Acquiring Hamrlik

The 07-08 season

The funny times of the 09 all-star ballot and seeing 4 Habs in the starting lineup in Montreal

Kovy winning the MVP of that game.

Signing Cammy

Markov's first comeback

Subban's first steps

The 09-10 run

Signing Cole

The 12 draft

The two Gallys starting

Subban getting the Norris

Vanek trade

The 13-14 run

The 16 draft

Signing Radu

Reactions: David Suzuki

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Sorry guys, I don't know how I missed that post on page 1. The Koivu video must have thrown me off. :laugh: I understand the confusion. I'll try to pay more attention. :dunce:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad