Favorite / worst moment since 93

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So next month will mark the 25th anniversary of the last Stanley Cup won by the team. Lot of us are too young to even remember that championship, so instead of asking souvenirs about this cup, I will rather ask what are your best and worst memories of the last 25 seasons?

For the best, I came up with 5 really important days on a positive way : the day we got Alex Kovalev, the year Price won the Hart and the Vezina, the incredible performance of Halak against Washington, Koivu's comeback from the cancer, the epic comeback game vs the Rangers.

HM to our playoff win against Boston in 2004 and in 2014

Amongst the worst, I'd say the 2011 loss in OT against Bruins is the one that sting the most. It was against our no. 1 enemy, that would go and win the cup. Plus, it was in overtime... I really felt we had a chance, it was gut-wrenching elimination, while when we got eliminated in 2014 and in 2010, it was more of a slow death...

Also, obviously the PK Subban trade was bad.

Reactions: Be a Hab and Andy

Trist and Sea

Oct 1, 2012
Montreal
The comeback against Ottawa in 2014 was pretty sweet. I didn't watch hockey in 2008 so I only saw highlights of the Rangers comeback but I guess it has to be in everybody's top 5 !

The worst, for me, is definitely the day we traded P.K. Subban... I remember having to sit when I heard the news 'cause I couldn't believe it :laugh:

Reactions: Gains

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Best. Those Kovalev moves. Especially that day when he was cycling the whole Leafs zone, got check in the head, lost his helmet and went to elbow Tucker?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Best Moment: Koivu returns from cancer
Worst: Mario Tremblay and the fans chasing Roy out of town.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There have been so many low points it's impossible to pick just one.

One great memory for me was when Dominic Moore scored vs Washington to seal the deal in the 2010 playoffs with Jaro Halak playing out of his mind.

Reactions: Weber Fan

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Koivu come back the best, hiring of MT easily the worst.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
That game, we ended up losing as well as the series, was nuts. I have vivid memories of that tying goal a few seconds after Boston took a 4-3 lead late in the 3rd period... what a shift by Koivu and Higgins. Unfortunately didnt go the way we wanted but that was a very exciting goal, right from the faceoff, to silence those fools at the TD Garden...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I actually remember when Koivu and Subban got drafted.

I remember when Koivu was drafted as well. I was watching the draft and with the Habs on the clock I remember Bob McKenzie saying something like "Oh I know who it is" just before the Habs announced their selection.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
That game, we ended up losing as well as the series, was nuts. I have vivid memories of that tying goal a few seconds after Boston took a 4-3 lead late in the 3rd period... what a shift by Koivu and Higgins. Unfortunately didnt go the way we wanted but that was a very exciting goal, right from the faceoff, to silence those fools at the TD Garden...

Look at that 4th tying goal. We had players with grit. Pacioretty will always be a loser in the playoffs because he’s so soft. Needs to take lessons from Koivu.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Worst is by far Roy being traded. Hands down
No one has equaled such a horrible trade

Best will be spring of 2019 when Bergevin gets shit canned

Reactions: Gains

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
My top 3 best moments in that order
1- Koivu back from cancer
2- 2014 beating Boston. More specifically Subban’s breakaway goal. It was only Subban who could score such a goal. This was the closest I felt to the Stanley Cup.
3- 5 goals down comeback vs the Rangers. Incredible game. I have the game on DVD I watch it like once a year.

My top 3 worst moments:
1- Roy trade. I was an 11 yrs old crushed kid.
2- 1995 Habs missing the playoffs. As a kid Incould not believe the Habs not making the playoffs, especially when the Nordiques finished 1st that year. And in fact that was the lockout year and I was a miserable kid with no hockey for half a season.
3- Kreider injuring Price in 2014. All my hopes for a SC final faded at that moment. I will hate that POS forever.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Best

Saku Koivu comeback from cancer

The 2010 Halak run

Getting Alexei Kovalev and defeating Boston in 2004

Worst

Losing the final game against the Leafs and missing the playoffs in 2007

2009 Free agency when Uncle Bob went crazy

Hiring of Bergevin and Michel

Reactions: peate

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Worst:

PC_090910gillett_molson_g.jpg

It led to the hiring of MB/MT and subsequently the Subban trade.

Reactions: the

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Worse moment... When I saw what we got for Roy and we even added Keane.

Other worse moment... The 2017 off season

Best moment... The 2007 draft. One of our best drafts ever. Too bad we traded two of them and the 3rd guy is about to be traded.

Other best moment... The year we went on a deep playoff run with a re hauled roster and Halak in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->