Favorite UFC fighter to never be champion?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Title says it all

The Human Bonus Machine Joe Lauzon is my answer. Got to see him in his last fight in Boston, pretty much everybody in the section around me lost their voice and almost started crying we were all so excited. Never seen a crowd so electrified. Hopefully he goes out on that, I know Dana wants him to.

honorable mention for me is Thiago Santos

im very interested to see the names you all come up with

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Cerrone, Faber, Ferguson were the first few that came to mind.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
For me, definitely Cowboy and then Nate and then Poirier if you aren't counting interim belts.

Honorable mentions and if you are only counting undisputed UFC champions, Masvidal, Lewis, Hunt, Hendo, Jacare, Romero, Condit, Tony, Gus, Chael, Gaethje, Waterson, Wonderboy, Zombie, Joey B., Askren.

Last edited:

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Masvidal, Mousasi, Maia, Cerrone, Yves Edward, Diaz Brothers, Romero, Parisyan, Florian, MacDonald, Swanson, Korean Zombie, G. Melendez, Condit, Poirer, Ferguson, Cro Cop & Overeem.

Last edited:

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I forgot about Cro Cop, definitely him as well. Probably because I wanted to forget the travesty of him losing to Schaub. :facepalm:

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I always enjoyed Lytle & Belcher.
Forgot about these two. I was really rooting for Lytle that TUF season, obviously Serra got the job done vs GSP but I liked Lytles style more, he’s had some submission wins that are a work of art. Belcher was awesome to watch as well, great footwork and kicks, I believe his career ended because of an eye injury vs Bisping, ironically Bisping actually has a prosthetic eye now. Such a dangerous sport.

The UFC needs to do something about the eye pokes either fines or yellow cards and better gloves, maybe like they had in Pride, you’d hardly saw pokes there. The curve in these gloves are forced, grapplers might complain but we didn’t hear any complaints from guys like Sakuraba or Big Nog when they fought. I also believe fighter do it intentionally as well, guys know how to throw punches they drill these things over and over, I’m not buying the whole excuse of keeping an open hand to prepare to defend a takedown, or clinch situation.

S6MAAxqaTeS7TS_4bdtmnbzQTuFViTs2eEGF6IMce_k.jpg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Forgot about these two. I was really rooting for Lytle that TUF season, obviously Serra got the job done vs GSP but I liked Lytles style more, he’s had some submission wins that are a work of art. Belcher was awesome to watch as well, great footwork and kicks, I believe his career ended because of an eye injury vs Bisping, ironically Bisping actually has a prosthetic eye now. Such a dangerous sport.

The UFC needs to do something about the eye pokes either fines or yellow cards and better gloves, maybe like they had in Pride, you’d hardly saw pokes there. The curve in these gloves are forced, grapplers might complain but we didn’t hear any complaints from guys like Sakuraba or Big Nog when they fought. I also believe fighter do it intentionally as well, guys know how to throw punches they drill these things over and over, I’m not buying the whole excuse of keeping an open hand to prepare to defend a takedown, or clinch situation.

S6MAAxqaTeS7TS_4bdtmnbzQTuFViTs2eEGF6IMce_k.jpg

that did indeed happen in Belchers last fight (needed stitches), he had also dealt with a spinal fracture and some eye issues before that as well which I’m sure played a role in his decision to call it quits

I see him in ads on Instagram for What I’m pretty sure is a sleeping supplement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad