OT: Favorite TV Shows no longer in production

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The amount of 'cool vehicle' tv shows in the 80s was insane.

Airwolf
Simon & Simon
Miami Vice
Magnum PI
Fall Guy
Hardcastle & McCormick

I wouldn't want to be the stunt guys on Airwolf...crazy stuff:

Fools...... thinking mere missiles and guns can bring down the Airwolf...Lol

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Also Frisky Dingo. The absolute perfect sweet spot between Sealab (too weird and unstructured) and Archer (not weird enough and too structured).

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Off the top of my head...

Kids in the Hall
Seinfeld
Chappelle Show
Breaking Bad
Louie
Son of Zorn
Looney Tunes
Tour of Duty
Inside Amy Schumer

Seinfeld and Louie are probably my two favorite live action comedies ever. Louie took the show about nothing from Seinfeld, eliminated the 3 act structure and just ran with it. Incredible show.

Kids in the hall was great too. It's funny that the content cbc approved back then would never ever be shown today on network tv.

I wonder if the crew was still interested if everything Netflix or Amazon or someone would give them a shot again.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Loved

The Jeffersons
All in the Family
Sanford & Son
The Fat Albert Show

as a kid growing up... They could not do All in the Family today, as people would be offended because of Archie (even though the point of Archie was to show the offensive stuff out there and get people talking about it)

It's funny how many conservative/right wing folks out there love Archie Bunker. They don't realize Archie was the butt of every damned joke of the show.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

We could really use this guy on tv right now.

Well, apparently Murphy Brown is coming back.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Seinfeld and Louie are probably my two favorite live action comedies ever. Louie took the show about nothing from Seinfeld, eliminated the 3 act structure and just ran with it. Incredible show.

Kids in the hall was great too. It's funny that the content cbc approved back then would never ever be shown today on network tv.

I wonder if the crew was still interested if everything Netflix or Amazon or someone would give them a shot again.

They did a short series a few years back called "Death Comes to Town" which wasn't bad but not quite the same, worth a watch though if you're a KITH fan. They also did a live show with new skits at the NAC a year or two ago and it was hilarious throughout. Would be awesome to see that group on TV again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray Kinsella

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
The Sopranos & Breaking Bad. Those 2 shows are the all time best imo.

Love Better Call Saul and really really stoked about The Many Saints of Newark coming up.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Breaking Bad is my all-time favourite tv show, I won a set visit during season 4 and I was an extra at the hospital in the episode "End Times". I also got to see them filming at the White family house including the scenes when Walt was spinning the gun in the backyard and the very last shot of season 4 which was a major spoiler, I was sworn to secrecy by Vince Gilligan.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Farscape,
Archer,
Black Adder
Fawlty Towers
Arrested Development
Son's of Anarchy

currently Westworld is freaking awesome, but no idea how the new season was or is, I have a 3 year old, and I remember what Tv was like.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Looks like The Shield is on Hulu. I had a major deal die yesterday so my weekend is free. It’s binge o’clock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad